Yale Double Esterlon reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeSurfcaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a new rigging rope, my current one is terrible in the porta wrap. Current rope flattens and binds on the porta wrap(ebay rope). So The Yale Double Esterlon claims it's good for porta wraps. As long as the rope man is smooth on letting it run, the 2% elongation at 10% ABS shouldn't shake me too bad in the tree. I rarely natural crotch anything, always use rings. So abrasion resisitance isn't a big concern for me. If I natural crotch something it's just for a redirect for a few pieces and would probably use a beater rope for that situation. Anyway I got I nice 5 oak trees removal job over a septic field/sprinkler system, so it will involve a lot of rigging. So before I spend 200 on a 200' piece of double esterlon I figured I'd ask around about it. Thanks for any help

We use it(half inch) and like it for stuff heavier than for what we use the half inch three strand rope.
It is great running through the block and port a wrap. Burns easy through a crotch. It's a little light feeling when trying to throw around a branch at least compared to the three strand.

Thanks man, I had placed a order for 200' of the double esterlon but got a e-mail they are sold out of it... So off to looking for a similar rope

Ended up getting 1/2" samson stable braid, it was either that or the 1/2" Teufelberger sirius.
I really hope stable braid works very smoothly w/ the porta wrap. MBS is a plus, running smoothly on the porta wrap is my main concern.

I just got the 1/2" stable braid w/ a tight eye splice. I haven't got to try it yet tho, next weekend I will put it to the test. It seems a little squishy like it will really grab the porty, hoping it runs better then my current rope. Weaver collapsible bags are on there way, love those bags. So easy to put the rope back in it. As long as you don't abuse them they seem like they will last. The eye splice is awesome, fits threw the ring slings and I can still tie a bowline. Eye is just big enough for a carabiner to fit threw.

Latest posts

Back