Yet another MS200T issue.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and if the new line doesn’t fix the leak I’ll have to take the handle off and very closely inspect the fuel tank itself for holes etc. I did look and thought I picked the ‘best one’ but I can’t remember details of why the saws were retired so who knows
The line will fix it unless the tanks cracked.

Sure thing PM me when ready.
You could add a new impulse line, also check the 3 rubber mounts for cracks two at the top handle and one on the bottom of the side handle.
Got ya...one of the 4 saws was almost new when it went on the pile so I used the 3 good av rubbers and impulse line from that saw.

and the little summer/winter sleeve thing, from the 4 saws I only found one sleeve and one little flat head screw

I think we got it covered. Oh check the muffler for missing screws that hold the half's together.
Yep, again picked the best exhaust from the selection.

I thoroughly enjoyed working on the little fella....maybe except for trying to get the impulse hose on filter end having forgotten to do it before I attached the handle. Lesson learned

Figured I’d put my question here, it probably doesn’t need its own thread.

I haven’t taken anything apart yet, but handle on my beloved 200T has a lot of floppy play. Pretty sure I need a new AV mount or 2 or 3.
My question is are any of the aftermarket AV mounts good or should I get the Stihl OEM parts?
Thanks!

I haven’t taken anything apart yet, but handle on my beloved 200T has a lot of floppy play. Pretty sure I need a new AV mount or 2 or 3.
My question is are any of the aftermarket AV mounts good or should I get the Stihl OEM parts?
Thanks!
OEM is most definitely better.

Thanks!
Depends on if you're putting it in service full time for a climber or just a backup or occasional use saw. Full time- nothing but oem. Not worth breaking the wires and intake boot from excessive play. Don't cheap out on your money maker. Nothing brings home the cheddah like a 200t

Latest posts

Back