dimes worth of difference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
i have a 310 with a modded muffler and i am pretty much satified with the results. my allegiences have always gone to stihl and and i was seriously considering a 361 as a replacement bdfore the mod. now that i have pretty much reconciled myself to the fact that it is hard to justify the money for a 361, when my saw is close in power now, i have begun to take notice of the 357 as a direct competitor. it is mentioned often, though it doesn't seem to get the recoginition of the 361. why not?? virtually identical specs and $100 less, here anyway. i'm not trying to start anything, though it is virtually assured that this will spiral down that path anyway.
so lets hear it!!

I was looking at the 357's, and they looked like great saws. The problem was they cost $50-75 MORE than the 361 around here. Now I'm seeing them new on line for $100 less, so i don't know. I'm really happy with the 361, but I probably would have been happy with the 357 as well.

i have a 310 with a modded muffler and i am pretty much satified with the results. my allegiences have always gone to stihl and and i was seriously considering a 361 as a replacement bdfore the mod. now that i have pretty much reconciled myself to the fact that it is hard to justify the money for a 361, when my saw is close in power now, i have begun to take notice of the 357 as a direct competitor. it is mentioned often, though it doesn't seem to get the recoginition of the 361. why not?? virtually identical specs and $100 less, here anyway. i'm not trying to start anything, though it is virtually assured that this will spiral down that path anyway.
so lets hear it!!

I modded my 310 too and am very impressed with the power gain. It's like a whole other saw. Would'nt dream of replacing it.:chainsaw:

357 is a good saw and runs right with the 361 in all categories, the biggest draw back is the outboard clutch....... and the fact that it's solid orange. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back