Thank you all my friends I have meet on here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hope you have a great day today with family and friends...You all dont know how much I have learned on here,,and thats one gift for me that is so good...Seen so many pics,,and searched alot of post...I'm so glad I got into milling.........
Took this pic tonight,,and wanted to share...It's not about milling,,and I'm sorry,,but me and this old Mcculloch saw I bought awhiles back cause of so many years ago ...It is just like the old Mac my Dad I had so many years ago and I think you all can understand too....The love for being outdoors....I restored that saw and brought her back to life...Yeah,,she aint a milling saw,,but at times,,when I go out,,I have to fire it up,,and let her sing in the woods,,let me remember my Dad and me so many years ago...
I wish back then we could have milled together,,I think he would have loved it as much as I do...
But today,,,I just wanted to tell you all thanks,,and I appreciate your all help,,,I know that aint alot ,,but I do mean that cause milling,,,I didnt think I would have so much enjoyment outta it....
Merry Christmas all!! Enjoy the day....May oneday there will be peace and love for us all.....Thank you again........:cheers:
attachment.php

I just discovered some awesome photo's of my dad's tree falling days. Here is one of him (on the right) and his falling buddy (Charlie) in Oct 1958. The back of the photo says in my dad's hand "Taking break after bring her down". Oh how I wish he was still around to chew the fat over photo's like these - he passed away 9 years ago.

I can remember a few things.
Charlie was the tough little southern Italian dude that used to crawl into the scarf and chop a bit more out in the really big ones when they still used used axes before 1956. The two man saw was bought in 1956 and could bring down 4 Karri's a day compared to the 1.5 days per tree by axe. The two hander only could cut for about 4 hours in an 8 hours shift, and the rest of the time was spent fixing and sharpening - it had very soft chain.

Just after this photo was taken they must have got their first one man McCullochs with the 3'6" blades - with these they could fall 8 trees a day each!

attachment.php

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas from Michigan! Great job restoring that saw Merry Christmas to you and your family in Kentucky some beautiful land down that way my Grandma is still down there due for a visit. BobL sweet photo that would be great blown up and framed and hung somewhere special Merry Christmas to you!! God bless us all!! Thanks irishcountry

Thank you Stipes and Bobl for sharing the past a bit re:father... I'm very fortunate that I actually do get to mill with my Dad once in a while, who at 80 years old can handle a chain saw with the best of us. He enjoys the outdoors, enjoys working in his woods with me, and I hope 25 years from now when I'm his age I'm in as good a shape as he is.

Merry Christmas from Fort Washington Pennsylvania to all of the folks on AS that I've gotten to know. Yes this has been a great learning experience and I enjoy jumping on here for a minute or two when I pass by the computer or I need a break from the woodshop.

Dave

a bit late, but merry christmas! i like repairing things too, not necessarilly saws as i don't really know that much about them yet, but like you Stipes, i intend to learn as much as i can from this site.

merry christmas guys and gals :D

Back