Bought on Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBartle

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone new the site been lurking for advice.
Anyway posted ad on Craigslist Denver, in the tool section "chainsaw wanted"
no homelite homedepot lowes crap please. After 5 people telling me how great their Poulans were, one guy emailed back. I have been around saws and such all my life and he said I got a Steel 044 just needs chain and operator?? WTF is a operator and don't you mean Stihl?
The wiseass said so I can't spell Stihl and the operator is Steve (me).
Anyway picked up the saw for $200.00, chain was 35 works perfect.
Has 24" bar everything works perfect.
How old is this friggin beast not me the saw? It rips!!
Will post some pictures after wife returns with camera.
I love this website and learned alot in a couple of weeks of lurking.

Great job w/ site Steve

Proud new owner of Steal,Steel, Stihl 044

Some Mr Nice guy I was just happy about my find geez! Have a nice day
peckerhead.
Steve

thats freakn funny, you peckerhead:chainsaw:

i dont know whay thats so funny im laughing like i havent laughed before

whats even more funny well i wont go there;)

Last edited:
Hey, don't mind Gary; that's his way of welcoming you to AS. I'll extend a little warmer welcome to you; glad to have you join the site. And after running little box store Poulans, the 044 must indeed seem like a beast--so be careful with it! And for $200, that was definitely a best of a deal. You might have one do-everything saw now in you possession, but what's the fun of having only one saw? Now it's time to start planning for your next acquisition...

gary isnt bad at all specialy ounce you get used to how he thinks. actualy out west theres lots of guys like gary i guess maybe im used to it.

ive seen a few replies hes made in the past that might get peckerhead replies but this one i even reread a few times and couldnt see it. but its still very funny specialy since 85% of the time its fitting

Gary is known to be 7' 8" and weighs 415 lbs of pure muscle. You gotta understand that an 044 / 440 is a limbing saw to guys from the PNW.

I'm a skinny eyeglass wearin' geek from the east coast and a 70 cc saw is beastly enough for me.

Congrats on a good find. Go make some saw chips!

Gary may indeed be a peckerhead, but I didn't see one thing in his answer that would indicate it. I even read it 3 times to be sure, no peckerheadedness there bro.

A close logger friend here likes the 044's and I trust his common sense enough to say he knows what he is talking about.

Welcome to the board.

peckerhead.
Steve

Did he just say peckerhead? Really?

That'll teach you to be helpful Gary.

after rereading garys reply a few times just to make sure my next thought was that the OP may have been a banned member just mesn around

Read the OP's total of 5 post's..
everyone of them has been negative or a slam or an insult..
speaks volumes..
Troll ??

What!

First I really haven't talked to Gary,seems like a straight shooter though and was stating that he din't think the 044 was a beast.Maybe he should have said not a beast to him.No way did he deseve the nasty comment.Second.I thought swearing was banned
Lawrence

Gary is known to be 7' 8" and weighs 415 lbs of pure muscle

Thats a pretty big guy, hope you never meet him in the back alley....Read the post a few times myself and thought the comment was uncalled for. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round

peckerhead.
Steve

Ha You misunderstood Gary. He was telling you they are good saws just not a beast compared to others. Good thing hes got thick skin when it comes to the peckerhead thing.:cheers:

LMAO...got a good laugh tonight on this thread. Just ask Gary about oil. Way out of line w/ the peckerhead comment!

On the OP of this thread..attitude ?

post#1 " Arguing politics and Walmart on a lumberjack forum is ridiculous!
Dont you have some wood to cut or something? "

post#2 "Sorry they look gay! Just my opinion! "

post#3 "he said I got a Steel 044 just needs chain and operator?? WTF is a operator and don't you mean Stihl?"

post#4 "What a piece of crap sent it back for refund and told him I would trash his 100% feedback if he charged his 10% restocking charge."

post#5 "Some Mr Nice guy I was just happy about my find geez! Have a nice day
peckerhead.
Steve "

I dont think Gary has anything to worry about from THIS guy :)

Way outta line, and very funny. Not sure whether to chastise ya or rep ya. :clap:

Scott

attachment.php

I do think somebody has been messin' with us this week.

If you can't build saws that run well, or at least talk saws, then I guess you troll.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back