3/8 x 8 on Husqvarna 262xp ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
My brother has such a saw, and he loves it!
The only thing bothering him is that he want to try a 3/8 x 8 sprocket, but hasn't been able to find one that suits, as the saw has the small spline.

Is there a way to either get an 8 pin sprocket that fits, or modify the saw to accept a bigger spline?

Am I right in assuming that modifying is the best option, as that sprocked might lean excessive wear on the small spline?

This tread is a "spinoff" from this one http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=19199 .

You might have to find a whole new drive system - rim/drum combo. They are fairly inexpensive. I just looked on Baileys but didn't see any small splined 8 tooth nor did I see any complete rim/drum combo for the 262. One might have to make an adapter to accomidate the larger spline on the smaller drive teeth. I would think that there should be SOMETHING out there that would just replace what you have with an 8 tooth. Now I am curious and will be looking to find a solution for that. I just spoke to my Husky dealer and HE doesn't even know if they make something for that....I am awaiting his call back and will post it as soon as I find out. Good luck.

I should have mentioned that my brother is an (over)qualified 2-cycle mechanic, and should be able to perform any work involved himself. :blob2:

Back