STIHL 08S 3/8" 063"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mayers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day David here, I previously posted about my Stihl 08S , and thanks for the help, subsequently I have discovered that the saw has in fact got 2 drive sprocket options , 3/8 or 404 , please if someone can help I would like to know what bar will work with a 3/8 drive sprocket , I would like to use an 18" or 20" bar and chain, thanks regards David.

Good day David here, I previously posted about my Stihl 08S , and thanks for the help, subsequently I have discovered that the saw has in fact got 2 drive sprocket options , 3/8 or 404 , please if someone can help I would like to know what bar will work with a 3/8 drive sprocket , I would like to use an 18" or 20" bar and chain, thanks regards David.

Try this on for size- will save me a heap of typing!

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/which-bars-fit-08s.339466/

My 08 came with a 17 inch .063 hard nose bar and 3/8 8t spur. I noted from the ipl that a rim option is /was available and ordered it, or so I thought but somehow ended up with a 404 7t spur.
404 60 dl is probably overkill but I haven't tried it properly yet.
The part no. for the bar is 3002 000 9215. Of course any hard nose Duramatic 3002 mount bar will fit and 3/8 or 404 can therefore be run.

They need a Stihl 3002 mount or Oregon e031. The one I currently have on mine(still haven’t figured out the carb issues) is a 25 inch roller nose that from Oregon that was .404 but had a 3/8 nose put on it seems like it will pull it.

I have a 21" hardnose in .063 if your interested?

Back