Husqvarna 3120K

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That particular one I would say not unless you want to change the tank as well. It looks to be a later one after they stopped using the common tank assembly that would have been used on the chainsaw too.

8b84_11.jpg

I toyed with the idea of doing a conversion on the K1250 shown below (same motor unit). You can see the blank off cap in the bar oil tank on this one. I never did get to do it but I would assume you'd need all of the oiler gear, a sprocket, clutch cover with chain brake and maybe change the front handle? The bar mounts are in there already, just utilised to mount the cutter arm instead.

DSC01449-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you pointed that out. I was looking at it also but never noticed the lack of an oiler. Now I'm glad I didn't get it.

The porting will probably be different between the K and the XP versions too.

Not according to the IPL's, Partner K1250 and Husqvarna 3120XP show the same part number for the complete piston and cylinder assembly.

I see what you mean. There are a couple digits different on some of the IPL's. I'll bet that they wouldn't make it too dissimilar that you can't convert though.

In answer to the original poster's question, I've now realised that the oil tank is part of the crankcase so that saw would need a different crankcase not just a tank.

I thought it seemed funny that the price was so low, the seller said it was a simple matter of adding a bar & chain, but I guess some people will say anything to sell something!

Latest posts

Back