Special Thanks to Brad Snellerizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
If anyone remembers my post few weeks ago about my non idleing 066 that nobody could fix, Well I threw it in a box sent it to Brad.
It had a little carb problem (dirt) i guess. Brad also ported out the factory muffler and welded on a new port cover, very nice!!
While it was gone I ordered up a new 24" cannon superbar and some black west coast dawgs..
The saw pulls 160psi. i had brad keep it little rich and I retuned it to 13.5K and saw just screams

Thanks Brad Nice work on muffler :cheers:
stuffz243.jpg

I buy n sell alot of stuff including saws but this one is a keeper

stuffz242.jpg

I hate those dogs, I had a set on my 066 and they were a terrible PITA, you have to be so careful becasue they bite into the wood so fast and bog the saw, I took them off and put the stock one back on, don't look as cool but is was more functional, I might take a grinder to the ends of the spikes and dress them down a bit and try them again so they aren't so aggressive, you might have better luck though.:cheers:

I've never said this about a saw before, but....that bar looks sexy:) I might add that this is the strongest 066/660 I've ever run. To begin with it has better than average compression for a 066. With the modded muffler it could be run over 14K. I saw 14,400 when tuning it. Like Greg said, I left it rich though. I believe he plans to use this saw for flush cutting stumps. Even running rich at 13,000-13,500, it was an absolute monster. It honestly felt like a ported saw. I was amazed. I almost swapped the top ends so that I could keep this one;)

This saw wouldn't idle AT ALL. Zip, nada. With throttle it ran fine. So I knew it was in the carb. All I had to do was completely disassemble the carb and clean it out with carb cleaner and low pressure compressed air. I didn't expect that to fix it since it had been looked at before, but it did. I put better than a tank of fuel through it and it never missed a beat. I wish I had a video of that thing flooding Oak chips out the clutch cover! It was moving some wood.

BTW, Greg has more than repaid me with a good deal on a GREAT 090!!!!!! I can't wait to get it! Thanks Greg! Glad your 066 is running good and you're happy with it. Glad you liked the muffler mod. I was a little afraid I went farther with it than you wanted.

Last edited:
If anyone remembers my post few weeks ago about my non idleing 066 that nobody could fix, Well I threw it in a box sent it to Brad.
It had a little carb problem (dirt) i guess. Brad also ported out the factory muffler and welded on a new port cover, very nice!!
While it was gone I ordered up a new 24" cannon superbar and some black west coast dawgs..
The saw pulls 160psi. i had brad keep it little rich and I retuned it to 13.5K and saw just screams

stuffz243.jpg

stuffz242.jpg

Very nice! Very good looking!

Very nice looking saw.

I like those dawgs! (Somehow they just seemed to deserve an extra letter.)

Those would be real nice for stump work or felling with a long bar.

Mr. HE:cool:

stuffz243.jpg

stuffz242.jpg

HMMM looks like Red Oak in the pile and Cherry in the cuts...oh ya great looking saw too.

Did Greg get this one from another member? if so, I think I know what's going on inside that cylinder...

I don't know where he got it. It's a late model 066 in almost LN condition. Very clean indeed. I'll be honest with you, I didn't even check out the ports on this saw. The exhaust port had a layer of black film on it and I didn't look any farther.

I bought the 066 off CL. It came from kalifornia. I picked it up for $400 plus 50 to ship it. First day comp check was 160psi and saw ran fine for couple weeks then the idle problem started.
After brad fixed the carb and the muffler mod ,Boy O boy it's good saw!!
Brad sending email to you
cheers
gregz

I bought the 066 off CL. It came from kalifornia. I picked it up for $400 plus 50 to ship it. First day comp check was 160psi and saw ran fine for couple weeks then the idle problem started.
After brad fixed the carb and the muffler mod ,Boy O boy it's good saw!!
Brad sending email to you
cheers
gregz

That's some of the best $450 you ever spent! Great score.

Two 74 Z1'900s a 76kz900 and a 77kz1000. $2500 for em all .There rough but thats what I do
I'll make a killin

Latest posts

Back