This is WEIRD!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's not a big deal that he has my picture. It's the fact that he is using it to sell a saw that he may not even have. He states in the auction that the bar in the pic doesn't come with the saw. I guess it doesn't, neither does the saw pictured either.

Here are a few pics that I took together to show that that is my pic.

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
you do know where your saw's are at? I would be freakin!

They are locked up tight in a room of 8" concrete block with no windows and a heavy duty metal door. I have allways been paranoid about someone stealing my stuff since that my house was broken into. You kind of take things for granted until you are the victum.

smokinj

smokinj

Addicted to ArboristSite
They are locked up tight in a room of 8" concrete block with no windows and a heavy duty metal door. I have allways been paranoid about someone stealing my stuff since that my house was broken into. You kind of take things for granted until you are the victum.

with saw its personal for sure did you emal the seller?

Steveo_supremo

Steveo_supremo

ArboristSite Guru
Wow! You must've gotten some wierd deja-vu when You first clicked on that aucton and saw Your saw in the picture!
Hopefully ebay will remove the listing. That is just wrong.

sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Its been a while now but in the past I have seen ebuy accounts hacked and the hackers would use other peoples ads and try to sell saws cheap but you had to email them directly first before you could bid or buy now..

all the hackers were doing was trying to get you to send money before the hacking had been discovered,

I saw an 090 that belonged to a guy I knew being sold by some ladies account that typically sold linen goods,

there is also a website called alibaba that has a bunch of goofballs that scalp ads off ebuay that use same pics and wording and try to sell saws below market value. I saw my neighbors 041G being sold on there while it was still at his house too. Also saw a rare homy stick shift being offered but you must buy at least 6 at a time to start the order..
That was a good chuckle but you might be surprised how many people believed it.

FamilyTradition
The other saw listed.......

Everyone, I just read this thread and went to eBay to look at saws, Homelites specifically. I saw a nice blue and white XL-12 that was listed as an XL-2. I brought up the picture and there was an XL-12 with a Sabre bar on it. Its the exact picture I've seen here on AS in more than one Homelite thread! When I checked "Sellers Other Items" stinkbait's McCulloch picture came up! Lastly, the account has neither bought nor sold anything since March. Unbelieveable!
:jawdrop:

dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
He had TONS of good feedback, maybe he just needed a pic and his is in very close to the same condition, and decided to use your pic.

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Everyone, I just read this thread and went to eBay to look at saws, Homelites specifically. I saw a nice blue and white XL-12 that was listed as an XL-2. I brought up the picture and there was an XL-12 with a Sabre bar on it. Its the exact picture I've seen here on AS in more than one Homelite thread! When I checked "Sellers Other Items" stinkbait's McCulloch picture came up! Lastly, the account has neither bought nor sold anything since March. Unbelieveable!
:jawdrop:

That's crazy! I didn't even think to look at his other items. I have allready reported the listing of the 7-10A.

sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
I found this listing on ebay and noticed that the picture they are using to sell their saw is mine. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-McCULLOCH-7-10-AUTOMATIC-CHAINSAW_W0QQitemZ280401716060QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item41493ea35c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That is a picture of my Pro Mac 700 and 7-10A that I have posted on here before. Isn't that false advertisement. I mean he is using a picture of my 7-10A to sell his 7-10A, if it even exist.

I just went through the "report an item" found under the sellers info.

first drop box select fradulent listing. second select you suspect fraud. Explain box write item has fradulent pics,

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had the same thing happen selling firearms on another auction site. Inquired the same with the posters who, became somewhat indignant. I reported the infraction to the GB administrator and the auctions were pulled post haste.

Latest posts