Of Dutchmen's and Fibre Pull

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
If we crutinize the butt end of this Cherry, we will note a few errors. Mainly the unintentional dutchmen caused by using a 20" bar on a 28" stem. The lack of enough plunge thru the heart can also be noted along with insufficient amout of ear removal on one side. The redeeming factor was that I cut it with a very fast saw.
John

Hi Butch, no lost dollars there. The butt can be cleaned up by taking off a slab, since its measured from the top of the notch. It was a low grade saw log anyway.
John

Hello Erik, I was thinking the same, but if I had of stayed with the tree instead of trying to look like a redneck, I wouldn't pulled from the stump. LOL
John

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
Speaking of fibre pull, check out this vid.
Double Dutch Logging Ltd.
Larry the Logger

This guy is not only cutting without chaps or leg gear, but with that karate kick to the tree at the end he is BEGGING to cut his leg off with that bar. :rolleyes:

My great grandfather was a Dutchman but I don't think he ever pulled any fibre-Sausage and eggs and meat and potatoes were good enough for him.:D

Originally posted by monel_funkawitz
This guy is not only cutting without chaps or leg gear, but with that karate kick to the tree at the end he is BEGGING to cut his leg off with that bar. :rolleyes:
Yeah, he's probably from Canada. :D

i love that kick at the end of the video. all this time i have made face cuts and use ropes and wedges. all i had to do was kick the log. you learn so much here.

Originally posted by arboromega
all this time i have made face cuts and use ropes and wedges. all i had to do was kick the log. you learn so much here.
Note that he didn't quite kick it hard enough to get it all the way to the ground.  Either that or he should have leapt a little to kick it higher up for more leverage.

Glad you guys liked the video. I no longer subscribe to the old school of directional falling, rather directional kicking seems more accurate, however I should have kicked the tree in the burls which would have made it lay down.
John

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
Glad you guys liked the video. I no longer subscribe to the old school of directional falling, rather directional kicking seems more accurate, however I should have kicked the tree in the burls which would have made it lay down.
John
I still thought you did a good job, overcoming incredible difficulties.

Originally posted by Nickrosis
Yeah, he's probably from Canada. :D

Hey Nick
You should come up here you would love it!
You could be like all the other dumba.sses up here seein you think it's a personal choice on chainsaw pants and is not nessary!:D
Oh boy I think you got me started again!
Thanks alot Nick
Later
John
P.S
Ya they force us to put them on up here to!
Damb pinko left wing do gooders lookin out for our well being
Geez the nerve of them!

Latest posts

Back