Way-cool pawnshop find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Lookit what I just got for fifty bones!

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028-1.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

It's all original (I think) and runs strong and starts easy. Also LOUD. Can't wait to get it into wood. More later.

Also: the receipt said "THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNING THIS ITEM". I mean, really.

CAD much?

You know there was a time when Remington gave Mac, Homelite and Poulan a run for their money.
They made some REALLY nice saws for their era.
The little Mighty Mite was "the cats meow" when they came out, and almost made Remington a contender.

It's all original (I think) and runs strong and starts easy. Also LOUD. Can't wait to get it into wood. More later.

Also: the receipt said "THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNING THIS ITEM". I mean, really.

CAD much?

Loud is an understatement, especially since it's only 82cc. I got one that had a Carter carb and the diaphragms were like rocks. I found the appropriate Tillotson donor carb and it runs like a champ. Nice find there!

Great looking saw and for the price of a loop of chain ! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it , any idea of it's year ?

Get out your earplugs. I have a Super 770. Probably the loudest saw in my collection, and I have some noisy ones. A real hoot to run, but your biceps will be burning about the same time your knuckes are white. Then you can go in and "pretend" not to hear the Mrs. for the rest of the evening....:cheers:

Great find!!!!

Nice,,,nice saw for what you paid for.....You got that saw for a weeks worth of smokes,,and would I give up smokin for a week for a saw that nice,,,you damn right!!!!! :clap:

Had it running yesterday. Today it was puking unburnt gas through the unmuffled exhaust. Took a look at that oddball diaphragm on the top of the carb, cut a new one, and it started up, loud as ever, as soon as I'd blown all the gas out from before.

Still haven't got it in wood. Video to come.

Latest posts

Back