Eastern KS GTG: Pinwheel Cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I was presented with a rather interesting GTG idea: A friend of mine has a little ten acre farm at the edge of town, and she wants to come up with a biodegradable driveway, to allow vehicles to move about on her place, without ruining the crop value of the soil by using gravel, should she decide to change the road system around. A local arborist (and AS member) has his woodlot on her place, so there is an abundance of logs and wood chips. The idea is to lay down hundreds or thousands of wood cookies on the ground, then fill in the gaps with chips. We would not be responsible for laying the road, just making the cookies.

The farm is called Pinwheel Farm, thus the title of the thread. The setup is rather cushy as GTGs go. There is a fire ring, a barn to use in case of rain, an outdoor privy, and a house nearby with refrigerators in the garage. She raises sheep, and has offered to make some chili or barbecued lamb. We were thinking the middle of April might be a good time to do this, since we can cut in the barn if it is raining. That is not set in stone, though. The date would likely depend on what works for the most people.

The wood is a lot of pine, cedar, and cottonwood, and there are a number of large elm logs as well. We might be able to arrange for a large log or two from the City forestry dept. as well. This would be a cookie-cutting extravaganza!

Whattaya think, fellers?

Last edited:
Cookies??? Me love cookies!!!!

cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

:cheers:
Mike

Sounds good. Only 6 hours for me. Need a date as soon as possible so i can make plans.:cheers:

Im in let me know if you need help moving logs let me know the 1ton has been taking it easy and it needs a workout I work every other Saturday as well

I will post some dates after I talk with her tomorrow. It would have to be one of James' "other" Saturdays that he does not work.

Sure glad you guys are coming! Lawrence is a college town, so there is plenty to do after we get done cutting wood. Lots of live music, restaurants, and so forth.

Let us know a date when ya can Jon. I hope I get my woodwagon back together before then and I will drive it to help break the new motor in!

Heard that one before!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Right, but Lawrence is 1/3 distance compared to arkansas. I meant to make that one, but things werent well at home at the time. I will be making this one if it happens. I have friends close to there as well for a place to crash.

Right, but Lawrence is 1/3 distance compared to arkansas. I meant to make that one, but things werent well at home at the time. I will be making this one if it happens. I have friends close to there as well for a place to crash.

Sweet!!:rock:

Latest posts

Back