Eastern KS GTG: Pinwheel Cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a coat of Watco on the front. Ran out, need to get some more. It brought out the grain pretty nicely. I will eventually hit it with several coats of satin polyurethane, I think. That should seal it up pretty well.

That will really bring out the grain in the wood and look great!!:cheers:

I put a coat of Watco on the front. Ran out, need to get some more. It brought out the grain pretty nicely. I will eventually hit it with several coats of satin polyurethane, I think. That should seal it up pretty well.

Sweet! hope you can post up some pics soon of the finished product.

And thanks for the kind words on the sign guys!

A nice package on my porch

I received an original side-adjust 028 Super in the mail today, courtesy of Mr. Logging22! It has nearly perfect piston and rings, and is complete except for the air filter cover. Thank you , Les! :clap:

I already have it apart, and it seems to have need of some crank seals. I will try to borrow the seal puller from a a good buddy of mine. I may even do some repainting of the case. This dude has some compression, though I did not check it with a gauge. I'll post some pics of the process, as soon as I get that darn snap ring off the clutch cover. What a PITA when my snap ring pliers' bits are too small......

This looks like it will be a good saw, and a worthy project!

I get the bar and chains in the mail this week. I have a couple air filter covers if you need one, I'll get some pics of them tomorrow.

I received an original side-adjust 028 Super in the mail today, courtesy of Mr. Logging22! It has nearly perfect piston and rings, and is complete except for the air filter cover. Thank you , Les! :clap:

I already have it apart, and it seems to have need of some crank seals. I will try to borrow the seal puller from a a good buddy of mine. I may even do some repainting of the case. This dude has some compression, though I did not check it with a gauge. I'll post some pics of the process, as soon as I get that darn snap ring off the clutch cover. What a PITA when my snap ring pliers' bits are too small......

This looks like it will be a good saw, and a worthy project!

Glad it arrived in one piece.:cheers:

in one piece.....

This is the "before" picture of chainsaw_hippie's new 028 Super. I stihl haven't been able to remove the clutch..... it is really on there.

attachment.php

OK.

Here are some of the needed parts:

4 AV mounts
Top cover (the original is rather torn up)
Crank seals
A lightly used air filter

Thought I'd try here before I went out on fleecebay....

I can get some Caber rings pretty cheaply, so that is basically all i need. The seal puller is on the way, will arrive probably Thursday. The piston and jug are enjoying an extended medicinal soak in a can of Berryman's, as there is a bit of carbonaceous googe built up there.

The bearings feel pretty nice. I think this saw will do well when it is back together. Gotta get the carb in the ultrasonic at some point.

Hope you guys are doing well!

OK.

4 AV mounts
Crank seals

I can get some Caber rings pretty cheaply, so that is basically all i need. The seal puller is on the way, will arrive probably Thursday. The piston and jug are enjoying an extended medicinal soak in a can of Berryman's, as there is a bit of carbonaceous googe built up there.

The bearings feel pretty nice. I think this saw will do well when it is back together. Gotta get the carb in the ultrasonic at some point.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

OK.

4 AV mounts
Crank seals

I'm late to this thread Sorry John, I just can't seem to catch up around here. I look at the 028 top cover in the morning when I make it to the shop, and get your stuff in the mail.

Hey brother, let me know if you need anything for it. Got a few parts somewhere.:biggrinbounce2:

Back