Eastern KS GTG: Pinwheel Cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job with the cameras! Sure wish that I could have been there.

A friend of mine occasionally visits this site and has suggested that I help him have an early September GTG at his place (good location and good timber). I will work out the details and post the information in a few weeks.

MO-Iron

Where abouts would this be, location wise?
Just to prepare ahead!!!

Great job with the cameras! Sure wish that I could have been there.

A friend of mine occasionally visits this site and has suggested that I help him have an early September GTG at his place (good location and good timber). I will work out the details and post the information in a few weeks.

MO-Iron

I am pretty sure I will have to miss this one.

Sure wish you could have made it, Les. And the rest of the MO crew. By the way, Tim, aka "Chainsaw-hippie," is a brewer by hobby. He had one of those, and is already formulating the recipe in his head. He thinks the hops are lightly smoked. He is going to try to come up with something close to it, and we may cooperate on a little, uh, "endeavor.":biggrinbounce2:
We gotta get that kid a chainsaw! :chainsawguy:

I'm all in what does he want/need in a saw?

James, I never got a pic of the full truck. My bad on that. Yeah, I dunno why we didn't run those two together. Next time for sure. :blob2:
I did will be posting soon.

Im in a cooperative mood brother. What kind of saw does he need, or want?

I'm all in, between a few of us surly we can come up with something cool.

Last edited:
Great bunch of pics guys I really like the pic of my little poulan I was dissapointed I didn't get a timed run against johns 009lol I was also hopin to see all the saws loaded in ol moby ####

I think this is what your looking for.

Big and warjohn's load of saws.
4550028144_458766f29e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm all in what does he want/need in a saw?

I did will be posting soon.

I'm all in, between a few of us surly we can come up with something cool.

I was thinking a 50-60 cc saw, orange and white because I can help him keep it maintained. Tim has a fair amount of racing experience, actually. We were discussing the need to keep a modern epa motor from leaning out under load, so I think he "gets it." May end up becoming a modder! LOL He is of very limited means at this point. If anyone has an 026 project saw, maybe I could take it from there. bcorradi had a few that went for a good bit less than expected on ebay last month, it would have been nice to get one of those. 026 is a good saw to start with, it was my first Stihl, and first reliable saw. Wow. Back in the day that was......

He seamed like a good kid and a worker. I wish someone had helped me out this much when I got started so, I'll donate him the chaps but John will have to deliver them.

I guess I should have gave him the 026 but the chaps are already there and he needs them.

He seamed like a good kid and a worker. I wish someone had helped me out this much when I got started so, I'll donate him the chaps but John will have to deliver them.

I guess I should have gave him the 026 but the chaps are already there and he needs them.

Stephen, that is mighty generous of you. You are a great guy all around. I am really glad you made it up here, wish you could have stayed longer!

Stephen, that is mighty generous of you. You are a great guy all around. I am really glad you made it up here, wish you could have stayed longer!

This might become a fun thread, if we can find a saw doner then some parts doners.

your have to be the one giving the saw safty class and saw maintance class most new guys ruin a saw with a dull chain pushing it. I hope he leared a little about that around us Saturday.

This might become a fun thread, if we can find a saw donor then some parts donors.

your have to be the one giving the saw safety class and saw maintenance class most new guys ruin a saw with a dull chain pushing it. I hope he learned a little about that around us Saturday.

Yeah, he got my 460 in the dirt right off the bat, and it got pretty dull, which was why I spent so much time sharpening it. but he turned into the "chainsaw kid" after that. He kept coming up to me saying "Can I use your saw again?" I think he is hooked. Not sure if he has a computer, but he can find access to one, I'm sure. He'll have to get signed up to see his new-found fame...:greenchainsaw:

Oh, and the chain on the 028 was still pretty sharp when he was done with it, so he has learned to keep 'em up off the ground.....;)

Last edited:
I have a 028 super to donate if intrested. Gonna need a p&c prolly. Maybe just rings. Havent got it tore down yet, but its his if he wants it.:clap:

I have a 028 super to donate if intrested. Gonna need a p&c prolly. Maybe just rings. Havent got it tore down yet, but its his if he wants it.:clap:

I think I can do bar and chains 16" in 325.

Sounds good.

Sounds excellent to me!

Wow, I never cease to be amazed at the generosity and big hearts of the folks I have met through this site. I am privileged to be a part of this community of people. Thank you, fellas. Thank you.:clap:

Hehe, this is gonna be great. This is how we grow and promote our way of life. He is gonna crap when I hand him the saw. I even have one more Missouri GTG sticker I can put on it. I will definitely post pics of the rebuild and the "presentation ceremony.":yourock::yourock:

Sounds excellent to me!

Wow, I never cease to be amazed at the generosity and big hearts of the folks I have met through this site. I am privileged to be a part of this community of people. Thank you, fellas. Thank you.:clap:

Hehe, this is gonna be great. This is how we grow and promote our way of life. He is gonna crap when I hand him the saw. I even have one more Missouri GTG sticker I can put on it. I will definitely post pics of the rebuild and the "presentation ceremony.":yourock::yourock:

I agree. This site if full of great people who are always willing to give! I'm pretty sure I have a usable cylinder, may not be the super though, and some other miscl. Parts for the 28. I will look around and see what else I can find.

I have a couple of extra semi-chisel 16" Stihl chains in .063, probably good to start him out with something that doesn't need as frequent sharpening.

I like the 16" bar idea. He understands the short bar concept, we were talking about the power factor there, and he was digging the 028 Super's authority in small to medium wood. He also got after it with the 460.........:chainsawguy::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back