Husky e-tech saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brent denny

brent denny

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I had an interesting conversation the other day with a technician at the husky tech line. The subjuect of what e-tech was came up and I asked him if all saws that say e-tech have converters. I was surprised when he said no. He said the only current saws that have converters are the 137, 142, and 455 rancher. He said any husky saw with a converter will have a stainless (silver) muffler. He said any saw that says e-tech is simply a cleaner running unit than the previous model of the same saw. He couldn't/wouldn't tell me exactly how but I just assumed it was being done through leaner carb settings. If what he told me is true, there is a lot of misinformation out there on this subject right now. Has anyone been into a muffler on a 353/357/359 e-tech to verify it just has a baffle and not a converter?

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
The e-tech saws definately have a different muffler than the others. (talking 359/357). They have a different part # and cost more. Does that mean there is a cat in there? I'm not sure. My Jonsered rep tells me that there are extra baffles and they have a cat coating as opposed to being stuffed with something. Both Jonsereds (2159C and 2156C)use this muffler. And the "C" stands for cat. Only the 357 has the older one.

This is also true with the 353 and 346 mufflers.

MikeD

MikeD

ArboristSite Lurker
My new 353 just arrived today from southwestfastener.com, ordered Tuesday 9am PST on their website for $339.50 (price to my door with free shipping and no tax) and it arrived today at 1pm - 48hr turn around. came with 18" bar, 2 chains, 2 small bottles of premix, and some goggles. pretty damn happy

Green cap on the gas tank, manual says re: the E-Tech logo -> "If your machine bears this symbol it is equipped with a catalytic converter."

lawmart

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
I have a e-tech muffler Right in front of me, as in my previous post i wanted to do some muffler mods cut it in half but it will not still come apart.
the muffler has part # 537 07 54 02N , 5Dcat stamped right on it
There is a baffle at the seam, and a tube that runs from the front chamber right to the exhaust hole,
I don't now what should be in a cat muffler,
My muffler for my 371, had the same design, it was the tubed or jungle I cut all that out and put a hole through the muffler and mounting bracket.
hope that helps and any one know why mine still wont split.

lawmart

Latest posts