FS: MS 440 Mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SOLD
I just finished a total rebuild of a MS 440. This saw is now in excellent condition with no issues at all. It starts easily, idles great, and revs quickly. You can read the history of the saw HERE. I've got right at $450 and many hours of labor invested in this saw right now. That might change if PayPal rules in my favor. But until they make a decision, I won't know. Let me know if this price isn't fair. You can email me at brad@blsnelling(dot)com. If you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll give you my cell#. I'm asking $510 shipped, without the B&C. I've reduced the price and removed the bar from the sale and prices.

Complete disassembly and cleaning
Crankcase sand-blasted and painted (baked on)
All new gaskets and seals
Crank, Piston & Cylinder in excellent condition (donated from Ekka)
New piston rings
Rebuilt carb
Opened muffler
Decompression valve
Chain brake
Adjustable bar oiler

118420405-S.jpg

118420408-S.jpg

118420415-S.jpg

118420411-S.jpg

118420418-S.jpg

118420435-S.jpg

118420436-S.jpg

118420441-S.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice.

I would love to add it to the collection. I don't actually NEED the saw, as my 460 and 260 are doing just fine. But that is ONE clean saw. Sheez, I don't get them that clean when I go to clean them up! Excellent work. :biggrinbounce2:

I wonder if I could get it on the plastic card....

-Pat

jazak said:
Repainted???

Click his link and read the thread. It'll tell all you want to know, but yes it's been repainted, and this was stated in his ad as well.

hmmmmmmmmm, 550.00, hmmmmmmmmm. Ya say ya got 500.00 in it , not much profit there.....

I just read all 17 pages

The thread abouut this saw.

"Wow" is all I have to say, I did not keep track of this.

The condition of the saw would run me many, many years. I cut maybe 50 cords a year. This has really got me thinking....
But could I really afford it? Do I need it? (no). Do I want it? (yes).

Hmmmm, powerhead only for 5 bills, plus shipping to Colorado (81211)
Really got me thinking on this one...

Go ahead, talk me into it.....:chainsaw:

-Pat

If you cut 50 cords a year then you must sell at least some of it either that or your really cold. So if you sell say 20 cord of that at 150 a cord (thats what dry fir is goin for in my area no idea what its like in your neck of the woods) so thats $3,000 if you sell that much. Figure you take $1,000 off that for your costs. So $2,000 thats just in one year if you only sell 20 of the 50 cord so a $500 saw which should last you for quite some time if you take care of it will pay for itself in no time at all. So does that talk you into buying it???:biggrinbounce2:

Back