Skil 1690 and SP125 videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both saws are running 36 inch bars,
Full chisel 404 on the 125 with a fresh sharpen,
Semi chisel on the 1690 brand new 404-058
"Thanks to Bill G who supplied me with this chain"
Both saws running the same mix at 40-1
and running a bit fat on carb adjustments.
Don't need to be buying P+C's for these old saws.

You be the Judge

Lee

Well I see you got a 1690 Lee. It runs real good and does have its
own sound. The 125 still sounds great too. :)

:clap::clap:
WOW and very nice Lee......Both nice runners,,,thought 090 or Contra first glance / 1690 /now see what the fuss is over the 1690....
from here sounds bit like a diesal :) great saws.
Many thanks for going to the trouble with the vids....rep ya too.but wont let me !!

Great vids! I agree, the 1690 does have somewhat of a small diesel sound to it when you get the camera up closer near the end of the vid. Definitely pretty unique.

This'll stir up some controversy for sure: The 1690 cut times were (by my best estimation) 25sec, 22sec, 21sec. The 125's were 30sec and 31sec. And the 1690 had the disadvantage of semi-chisel chain to boot apparently.
:notrolls2:

Lee Im glad you won the saw, and someone I did not know.. My neighbor was sad he missed it though. Now when I show him your Video he will be real sad lol. Looks to be in gr8 shape and cuts very well for such a old saw. Can I ask a favor I would like to see a 166 vid in the same log? I knew it would blow away that 125 Mac I don't see what all the 125 hype is about anyway... Anyway good luck with the 1690

Scott

Lee Im glad you won the saw, and someone I did not know.. My neighbor was sad he missed it though. Now when I show him your Video he will be real sad lol. Looks to be in gr8 shape and cuts very well for such a old saw. Can I ask a favor I would like to see a 166 vid in the same log? I knew it would blow away that 125 Mac I don't see what all the 125 hype is about anyway... Anyway good luck with the 1690

Scott

A 166 in the same log, Can do.
I will see if i can do it later today.

Not sure on the wood except it is Oak
and i'm thinking red oak. It's been down
for about 6 months.
I'm not a real wood expert.

Thanks for the comments guys

Lee

Lee- great video of the 1690 in action. All you need now is a tin hat and big dawgs and you'd be right at home in B.C. logging camp circa 1969. The big Skils and PM saws were popular up in that area in the early 70's. Thanks for posting the video. :clap:

The old saw does not cut too bad. I still like the sp125 better overall. They have good anti-vibe, great oilier, and good power. I guess I should post a couple of videos of my saws as well.

This'll stir up some controversy for sure: The 1690 cut times were (by my best estimation) 25sec, 22sec, 21sec. The 125's were 30sec and 31sec. And the 1690 had the disadvantage of semi-chisel chain to boot apparently.
:notrolls2:[/QUOTE]

And, unless i'm mistaken the 1690 has a hardtip bar vs. the mac's sprocket tip. Nice vids Lee. That Skil is a sho-nuff beast.

:notrolls2:

And, unless i'm mistaken the 1690 has a hardtip bar vs. the mac's sprocket tip. Nice vids Lee. That Skil is a sho-nuff beast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and imagine how the 1690 would run with square chisel.

Back