Kubota L4400 & Farmi 501 (video)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highpointtree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the OWB and my kubota L4400. Video also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHGqkx4HwU

I didn't have the differential lock on when I was driving. oh well, still did ok..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Love the Video

Thanks for the Video. Please do more. I love watching the Farmi work.

Korey

Nice vid highpoint. I have the same tractor, L4400HST, and a Wallenstein winch about the same size. My results are similar to yours. Wouldn't be without in my 300 acre woodlot. When I'm pulling I bury the FEL or grapple in the dirt to keep the tractor from moving backward. Looks like your rear blade grabs better than mine. I also find the blade useful for light grading, better than a back blade because the unit is heavier although not as wide.

Nice vid highpoint. I have the same tractor, L4400HST, and a Wallenstein winch about the same size. My results are similar to yours. Wouldn't be without in my 300 acre woodlot. When I'm pulling I bury the FEL or grapple in the dirt to keep the tractor from moving backward. Looks like your rear blade grabs better than mine. I also find the blade useful for light grading, better than a back blade because the unit is heavier although not as wide.

Yea, it digs in and holds great, BUT, you have to be careful or you will bend a lower lift arm.. LOL found out the hard way. made a makeshift press from the outrigger on my crane and straitened it out like new. I would rather the blade slide a little. Oh well. the logs were down from storms about 10 months ago, so they were froze in good. wife didn't show that in the video though. I can't complain about the video skills, no one else will work for free.. they are all well made winches I'm sure. let's get a video of yours on here soon.

Hey - thanks for sharing.

Despite your wife not panning over to the felled logs at first, she DID zoom to follow you as you pulled away. Not that I'm an expert by any means but I think it showed your system working really well.

Hey - thanks for sharing.

Despite your wife not panning over to the felled logs at first, she DID zoom to follow you as you pulled away. Not that I'm an expert by any means but I think it showed your system working really well.

thank's. If I didn't tell her to shoot the tractor working, she would have zoomed in on me the whole time. the tractor and winch is more interesting. anyway, she's a keeper for sure.

Latest posts

Back