TimberFest 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey we are having this event for the third year in a row. Things keep getting better every year. Last year we paid out first place $25 for box stock, $50 for stock appearing and $100 for racesaw. We hope to have atleast that this year, we just need more competitors to show up, especially hotsaws!!!!!! The event is April 10th, its all day and food will be at the show, provided for the community club that we use. You can contact me on here or call me at 864-723-1923. Thanks and hope to see everyone there!
Mack

Chainsaw:
Box Stock-stock chain(no modifications at all)
0-3.0cu.in.
3.01-4.0cu.in.
4.01-5.0cu.in.
5.01-6.0cu.in.
6.01cu.in.-up
Stock Appearing(muffler mods, but no case or plastic modification, race
chains allowed)
0-3.0cu.in.
3.01-4.0cu.in.
4.01-5.0cu.in.
5.01-6.0cu.in.
6.01cu.in.-up
Race Saws(anything goes, any fuel, pipes, chain, just has to be made from
a stock chainsaw, NO BIKE SAWS!

Axe:
Throwing Axe
Underhand Chop(10x10 Poplar)
Standing Chop(round poplar)

Crosscut Saw:
LumberJack/Lumberjill contest

There will also be a pole climbing demo and whoever wants to try can, no trophy for pole climbing

Mini-Trackhoe skill competition

We will add a few more events as we get nearer to the event but this is a general idea of what will be there. A few things might change like classes for ########, but we are not sure yet. I will keep it posted!

Mack

April 10th, Walhalla, SC

I spoke with Mack this afternoon and told him I would bump this thread. A few points to make:

9:00 AM : registration opens

~ 10:00 AM : stock saw for locals, that is, folks living in Oconee County or any county that shares a border with Oconee County.

~ 11:00 AM : stock appearing saw

Other events as Mack described in his earlier post will follow.

Mack says as long as you're there in time to register before your event, you're fine.

The Timbersport team from Haywood College is supposed to attend and Mack was working on getting a confirmation from them.

Safe cutting,

joat

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be working and won't get to make it now.

I'm going.
Leaving Thursday to pick-up Nate in Pa. then onto Erics house in Ohio. The three of us will be on the road to SC. Friday first thing.
From here in Bristol NY to Walhalla SC. it's 850 miles.
Look forward to meeting you all.

Here's some pics Maldeny took from Timberfest. It was a fun weekend. ,
Thanks Mack for having us and setting it up. I bet in the coming years this will turn into a big event! Great hospitality too, the group of ladies cooking just showed what kind of support ya'll have! Good to meet a few new faces too like Jack Walker and the twins from VA. not sure what your username is here. Jack thanks again for the Goat Wine bottle the wife loved it:) BTW your 365 is definatly someting to reckon with, that thing just screams:cheers:

Alky 3120 of Erics, so fast I couldn't get all the cuts taken with the camera.

stuff053.jpg

stuff055-1.jpg

stuff049.jpg

Joat with piped 084
stuff050.jpg

Me with Joats Piped 084.

stuff052.jpg

stuff035.jpg

stuff036.jpg

Joat
stuff038.jpg

Joats boy Duncan who won the 5 and 6 cube in the box stock class with Nates 681. Joat was a proud papa. Real cool to see:cheers:
stuff039.jpg

I have 46 videos of the event on youtube. Search Timberfest and you should find them. I dont have them all loaded and have not made the time to finish. I think there was 96 videos in all. And I have a ton of pictures. If you missed this event, then I would encourage you to attend next year. It was awesome. Good people, excellent hospitality from the locals, FAST SAWS, what more can I say! I am one of the twins from Virginia. Farmboss 041 is my brother.

Latest posts

Back