feedback on timberwolf splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anyone know anything about he timberwolf splitters? Thinking about getting the TW-6 with the six way wedge and the hydraulic lift and catch table. Looks like a nice unit. The wedge adjust hydraulically up and down to center itself in the wood. Around $9000 though.

Seem like great machines to me, but I'm just a dealer what would I know? :rolleyes:
This one is my favourite, the TW7 with box wedge

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
You know thor, I looked at that one in the brochure but questioned how much wood waste you would have. I do like the fact that the wood is similar in size and does stack well. Do you have an approximate price on that unit.

Also I checked into becoming a dealer for them. I am re-opening my grandparents lawn mower shop which included anything with a small engine, (brand specific though, grandpa wanted nothing but the best). They retired and I'm going to re-open the doors. Thought the timberwolf would be a nice addition but they didn't seem to eager to start another dealership and there isn't one anywhere in Iowa that I am aware of.

I got the same response when I asked them about a dealership, but they were mucho impressed when I turned up from the UK! best i can say is go see Peter Hincks, hes a real nice guy. The problem they have at the moment is keeping up with demand, the are taking orders 20 weeks ahead at the moment!
That splitter there with all the options was about $10000. I was very impressed with it. alot of that wood waste came from a manky log that was crunched up in it.

Thor,

How does that box wedge box style splitter work when it comes to pieces that have more than one crotch in them???

This is the only drawback I have found when using a multiple wedge type splitter, they work real good for straight grained, knot free pieces of wood, try to split a piece with more than one knot in it or cross grained, stringy, stubborn type woods, the multiple wedge mangles the heck out of the piece or the piece will get stuck in the wedge and won't split cleanly.

PTS,

For what it is worth, I have one of the smaller Timberwolf splitters which I am happy with, but I also have a 34 ton vertical. I can produce more finished wood overall of different types and sizes in an hour with the vertical because it isn't fussy what you throw at it, an example would be a large crowfoot type crotch that the Timberwolf would have a hard time with becomes saleable wood quickly with the vertical, instead of being tossed off to the side. Also, the main firewood sellers in our area that have multiple wedge splitters, also have finish type slitters like the Super Split to finish up where the multi wedge type leave off, their multiple wedge splitters produce a wood more for wood stoves than for the fireplace or the bundle biz which is their main market.

Just my two little cents worth.

Larry

Last edited:
I already have a two way 26 ton splitter that I really like but I am getting more picky about what wood I keep for firewood that needs split and what stays hole or goes to the dump. I am currently expanding my market to all these people with the outdoor wood burning stoves which can take a three foot log un-split. So the knotty ones go in the no split pile for those people cause they don't care. So now onto the straight grain wood and that is where the TW-5,6,7 would be nice.

Back