Images of the Yukon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you liked the picture Tony, heres one of the Yukon River, half way to Dawson City where we went on a road trip to cut firewood in a 5 year old burn.
John

That's some funny looking soil y'all have up there. Why is it all white? I mean, we've got some white sand beaches here, but nothing like that. Real purty.:cool:

hey gyroboy...why dont you just tell these guys the truth....they know you werent in the Yukon...these guys have the right to know, as friends, that you were doing some time in the big house....and you stole these pictures off the net...

-I never know how much of what I say is true...

Yeah Gyro, I know you were in for indecent exposure. I saw it on the news. At least you lost some weight since you had your picture taken next to that 090...

The aboriginals dumped me roadside about 50 miles south of the Yukon border, just to see if I could survive in the wilderness.
John

John - great pics - I showed them to a coworker here, he is a kayaker, and I thought he might like to be reminded of what rivers look like when they have water in them. The drought here is getting so bad that everything is drying up. He not only liked the water, but he noticed that it is clean water - what a concept - a river running with actual clean water, not the flowing mud that passes for river water around here.

But that whole snow concept is still a bit daunting. I was thinking of driving up to, say, Fort Resolution or Yellow Knife or something, but daggone, if they have snow up there, then I am just going to have to think twice about it!

come on john, we all know you better. your pictures are same kind of thing as the first space flights. everthing is done on a stage to mislead the public.:laugh: marty

Hey, no problem Yukon, you can call me anything you like, just dont call me late for supper!
In all truth the last picture was taken just before the Alaska Hwy. near Dawson Creek B.C.

Hey John, actually they are nice pics.....guess I'm just a little envious.....I've always wanted to see Western Canada, Alsaka and the Yukon......maybe someday...who knows?

Hi There, found a stray floppy of my trip to the Yukon. This is Carcross, short for carabou crossing. I ended up on the wrong side of the river that day, but what a blast. Carcross is where the Klondikers whipsawed trees to lumber to build boats so they could run the Yukon River so they could get to the gold fields in Dawson City.
John

Does the sun ever shine

Does the sun ever shine up there . It's been breaking records here daily high 90's in the shade . Sure makes the day's drag on when you run a saw all day . No shade any where construction job wood all the trees are down sawing up on the hill . :angry:

Back