Good Whiskey, good music, stock saw, hmmmm...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Welp I did it! Neighbors where gone, it was a super nice night, and I had drank too much! Got the garage cleaned out, put up all my tools, swept the floor, what now, thinks I!!!!!!! The 350 came down off the rack, and here comes the dremel!!! 4am it was done!!! Havent had a chance to run it yet, but it looked very nice inside for 3 years of very hard useage!! Makes me like that saw that much better, just cleaning up the flashing on these will improve things greatly! I didn't take an pics, didn't want to be stumbling around the house anymore than I had to and wake the wife up getting the camera. So anybody have an idea of where to set the high end on a mild woods port muffler modded 350??

I know, I know, I aint right in the head!!

Welp I did it! Neighbors where gone, it was a super nice night, and I had drank too much! Got the garage cleaned out, put up all my tools, swept the floor, what now, thinks I!!!!!!! The 350 came down off the rack, and here comes the dremel!!! 4am it was done!!! Havent had a chance to run it yet, but it looked very nice inside for 3 years of very hard useage!! Makes me like that saw that much better, just cleaning up the flashing on these will improve things greatly! I didn't take an pics, didn't want to be stumbling around the house anymore than I had to and wake the wife up getting the camera. So anybody have an idea of where to set the high end on a mild woods port muffler modded 350??

I know, I know, I aint right in the head!!

Welp .......As high as it will go..If it blows back it off 2 hundred rpm's...

I dunno Andy, do the 350/353 saws have a rev limiter? Heck, if it will go 14,500-15,000 take it there. Do some timed cuts to test the sweet spot. Just cause she will turn 15K doesn't mean that is the best RPM for cutting. Might be 13,800 or 14,600...test it out and let us all know. Or, tune by ear. Anxious to see how your Single Malt port job turned out.

Thats great. Gettin drunk and guttin mufflers. I gutted the muffler on this playtoy poulan 3000 I got yesterday. The inner baffles just came right out, they werent welded or anything. Oh, Im gonna finish it right, but it perks up rpm a hell of a lot quicker now. Went through about a 12 pack in the process. :laugh:

Thats great. Gettin drunk and guttin mufflers. I gutted the muffler on this playtoy poulan 3000 I got yesterday. The inner baffles just came right out, they werent welded or anything. Oh, Im gonna finish it right, but it perks up rpm a hell of a lot quicker now. Went through about a 12 pack in the process. :laugh:

"Guttin mufflers", thats funny!!!!!! I had the cylinder off and ground it out!!!!

Thanks four paws, I didn't know if I wanted to try and wind it as tight as the 346 or not? It seems pretty happy at 14.8k.

I just wanna know what kind of whiskey?!?!? Even thouhg i hate dark liquor. I'm quite content with the hard cider i'm sipping on.

It was a Beam night, Beam and Sprite, went down real good!!!!

The had "Saturday night Safety dance" on Sirrius First wave, good stuff I tell ya!!!

It was a Beam night, Beam and Sprite, went down real good!!!!

Don't let oldsaw hear you are mixing anything with beam, he almost banished me from the site for similar actions. In any case it makes me wish I was there, and not just for the beam either, I really need to learn about porting. Well since I don't know how to port and I don't have any sprite I am gonna go fix my self a beam and coke mixed 50 to 1.

Don't let oldsaw hear you are mixing anything with beam, he almost banished me from the site for similar actions. In any case it makes me wish I was there, and not just for the beam either, I really need to learn about porting. Well since I don't know how to port and I don't have any sprite I am gonna go fix my self a beam and coke mixed 50 to 1.

I'll watch out for that, thanks for the heads up!!!:cheers:

This was a very mild port, I didn't change anything up and down, I opened it up side to side, and smoothed everthing out. These guys setting up the degree wheels and what not are after a lot more than what we need. I was very happy with the way this saw ran, just wanted to see what could be gained easily from it.
Don't be afraid of ths, if you have any mechanical inclination you can do this!! I had the jug off in about ten min.!!!! There is more than enough information on this site, as well as more than enough people willing to help out, you can't really go wrong. Tear it apart and take some pics, these guys will tell what to cut and how! It's really that easy! If you want the most out of it, then it needs degreed and what not, I am an ignorant redneck, so I am easy to please :hmm3grin2orange: Two strokes are scarry because you don't understand it yet, once you pull a jug, the light will go off and you will get it that fast!!! Don't be scared of it!! It's just a chainsaw in pieces, t wont even run to hurt you now:hmm3grin2orange:

Beam 50, coke 1!:cheers: Short of coke in your parts, eh?

Ray, Ray, Beam is a good mixer, and Jack is good either way. Just don't want to start mixing some single malt that's running $80/bottle. THAT'S a crime.

Also, "banished" is a bit harsh...yet anyway.

:laugh:

Mark

Beam 50, coke 1!:cheers: Short of coke in your parts, eh?

Yeah, if it's 50 parts Beam, why bother with the Coke. However, a dash of bourbon in a Coke will take away some of that corn sweetener taste..at about 40 or 50:1....and no, I'm not going to argue whether 40 or 50 is better, nor whether Beam or Jack is a better mix. Been there and back on the oil side, lets not start one on the whiskey side of life.

Mark

Latest posts

Back