Hsqvarna 346 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magiriano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello there and Happy New Year !
You probably figured out that I received the Husqvarna chainsaw when I didn`t get online for so long.
Well,my 346 XP got here a couple of weeks ago and I kept busy ever since.
A few days b4 my 346 got home, the Berlan BBKS 45-20 got to me and I was impressed about the way the semi or non pro cuts however it had some oiling problems my guess is that the bar was just too long.It was ok,I sold it with a 40% profit so it`s all good.
But the new Huskqvarna with it`s 45cc is just breathtaking......exactly what I wanted: light,fast ,low vibes,easy start.........I`m glad I didn`t went for the 359 which seemed a lot heavier .
There is one problem with it tho........After cutting about 10 m3 I simply run out of wood to cut !!!!!!!
The wood that I have plenty of here is black locust, elm,ash, beech, hornbeam and oak and IMHO oak is the softest of them all.
Boy,you should see my little Husqvarna with a 18'' bar doing a number on a 24'' elm or cutting 12-20'' dry black locust.
I had some 120+ yo oak and cherry +10'' thick beams from the demolition of the old house it just cut thru as if it was butter.
Boy this saw would cut without a chain..........literary......I hit a few nails while cutting the wood from demolition with the chain I decided to sacrifice for this kind of wood and, even with the chipped chain it won`t let me down...........
I owed and worked with Stihl and some non pro saws but the 346XP is by far the best I`ve held...........
I would however try a 16 ''bar just to see how much faster it can get.........
Also the new 50 cc 346 XP...............

I have put him to my 346xp 45cc a bar of 15, muffler mod and fixed to 14.000rpm (at the moment :D ) and I am very happy with it.

:greenchainsaw:

I have put him to my 346xp 45cc a bar of 15, muffler mod and fixed to 14.000rpm (at the moment :D ) and I am very happy with it.

:greenchainsaw:

15 or 16" doesn't make much differense in small Husky .325" bars and chain, as they are closer in length than "called" - just 2dl differense.

Stihl, and 3/8" bars in general, are different stories....:dizzy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back