100cc Thing of Beauty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Feast your eyes on this beast!!!
Pioneer model 'RA' 1957-1958
I turns over!!!:greenchainsaw:

Fix it or not, don't dump it!!! Find someone that wants it if you must!! There is too much history there, and those old saws are becoming scarce!! I've got my old Mall, nothing like that, but it hangs from the ceiling. I'll probably never fix it, and no it's not for sale, but you can't find them anymore and the stories it could tell!!
Man that is just pure history there, it deserves more respect than a ride to the dumpster!!

What kind of comment was that????
You the type that would crush a '69 camero cause it doesn't have enough plastic on it??
First of all it's spelled Camaro. (Unless you are talking about photography) Next, yes, I would sell it or crush it. I drive a 2007 Lexus sportscar and 2005 Nissan 4X4 (Frontier Nismo). I don't drive American vehicles anymore, they are junk. The last two I owned were very special though, 1972 Chevy 1/2 ton fleetside, 454 LS-7. 1987 Buick Grand National, 0-60 4.2 seconds, Gale-Banks turbo, water-air intercooler, too much to list on a saw forum.

So what does any of that have to do with telling a guy who posts a pic of an OLD hard to find saw that he MAY want to restore and post pics here for ALL of us to just dump it?

So what does any of that have to do with telling a guy who posts a pic of an OLD hard to find saw that he MAY want to restore and post pics here for ALL of us to just dump it?
Holy run-on sentence Bat-man. That saw is an obsolete machine. If he wishes to restore it for nostalgic purposes, fly at it. I think he posted this thread in jest. Happy Sunday buddy:cheers:

hey, all grammar aside, If it's a joke and going to the junk let others have a shot. Different strokes for different folks.

:greenchainsaw:

It won't go to junk. No decision yet of what I will do with it.
FWIW I paid $1 for it.
Posted for the interest of others, maybe junk to some and gold to others.
Will give me something to tinker with, as that is what I enjoy doing.
Life is to short to get cranked about the small stuff.:smoking:

I also have a pioneer RA (missing top cover). Runs great and you can still get carb rebuild kits for it. It has lot's of torque and 5 hp I believe. Of course it does not run like a new saw, but it is a cheap way to pull a long bar if you need to.

Back