Stihl 440 vs. husky 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree_reaper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A quick question for ya BWALKER. You made an earlier statement that you thought the 372 was one of the best saws out of the box. But with the muffler modification to the 440 you then preferred that saw. If Walkers did a muffler mod on the 372 then which would you prefer? Feedback from anyone is also welcome. THANKS!!

Last edited:
If Walkers did a muffler mod on the 372 then which would you prefer?
I couldnt really say since I havent ran a 372 with muffler mods. With these saws it really doesnt matter. The are equivalant. It just comes down to what you like, dealers,etc and I happen to prefer Stihls for a few reasons.

Tree reaper, Where you located in MI? If your close Ill let you come over and run both of them.
Tony, I think its a bit subjective to say that one saw handles better than another. They are differant, but I wouldnt say one is better.

bwalker

i'm in west mi. near the lakeshore.The extra $110 on the 385 isnt an issue, nor the extra 2 lbs. since I wont be carrying it around all day. The quicker I can get it cut & stacked the better. I will definitely get a husky , considering all factors(sharp chain, etc.) with the 20-24 in. bar which of these two will make work short?

Last edited:
The 372 would be plenty of power head for a 20" bar. The 385 would be more than adequate for a 24' bar. (I am assuming hardwood applications)

Yes, Ben many my post and your are often subjective in basis.

Most of the questions asked cannot be answered objectively.

Peace.

Latest posts

Back