Michigan GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaMan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pinemartin has volunteered his Dad's 80 acres in Hesperia (north of Grand Rapids) for us to use as a get together location. Not only would we have a good time running our saws and hanging out, we'd also be helping his dad who had a stroke. Anybody interested?

Was thinking about the end of August, Saturday or Sunday what ever would be better. When I find out a good date and have a few committed people then I will start falling and take some pictures of the (prey)logs to be cut. The timber will be a mixed bag of maple, beech, oak, cherry, and pine 16'' to 30''+ dbh also will have the resulting tops. I am new to hosting a GTG so just let me know what I need or should have available... thanks for any help or suggestions

Sounds like an awesome time. It'd be cool just to hang out and screw around with some big saws. I can for sure bring the hated 575xp and even the (don't laugh) PP330, and maybe some smaller saws. I am trying to get a buddy of mine who has a bunch of saws to go too, but its hard to get him away from his motorcycles.

I could possibly make it. I have my 3 kids that week ages 8,9,10 so it may make it rough. Sounds cool though.

pinemartin; I am new to hosting a GTG so just let me know what I need or should have available... thanks for any help or suggestions[/QUOTE said:
Well I usually try to feed the guys steak and lobster when I host GTG.
LOL Having a a safe place to park.safe place to leave your saws. And a good place to have some wonderful fellowship among Men and Women.
I have hosted 2 chainsaw GTGs. and a couple of GTG from another forum related to homesteading. I truly enjoy meeting folks and visiting with them.
The first Indiana GTG we cut and split about 4 truckloads of wood and took a to recently widowed lady down by Nashville IN.. Before we left I honestly do not think there was a man with a dry eye in the bunch. Talk about feeling like a true champion that day.. We all did.. Giving a little piece of ones life is not much but when someone receives it with as much heart as this lady did.. Wow..
So by helping this fellow after his stroke.. I am sure many folks in attendance will really feel good about what they accomplished. Good luck to all attending.. That is a bit far for a drive for me, especially with this being a very busy time of year for me.

I'll make it for sure. I can bring a Remington SL4, Homelite C5, Solo 656, Solo 681 and maybe a 395.

Let us know if you want us to bring a dish/beverage to pass. I can bring some hotdogs or drinks. Maybe some of the areas more successful hunters can deep fry some wild turkey, perch or cook up some vension.

Here ya go

Went felling today. Got a couple 16 & 18 inch oaks, 3 soft maple, 2 beech, and 1 huge pine. Will buck and drag into field for gtg. Going for the 16th or 17th of August, which ever would be better. Enclosed are some pictures of event area and downed trees. On a side note, all trees had severe lean and/or some sort of defect like broken tops, core rot, or looks like they made love to a woodpecker. I used a Jonsered 920 with a 36inch total superbar for felling and for a scale on size of trees/stumps. Just to make some of the millers jealous I threw in some pictures of a large curly maple- just to make you drool it did not get cut. Hope to see you there, enjoy the pictures.

Back