Seafoam 031

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cop0110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a 031 I think it has white plastic like the hand guard and the trigger and trigger lock. I ran good but dont idle. My friend is a mechanic and told me to dump out the old fuel mix and put in new fuel mix and add some seafoam. Well I worked for me. I was wondering if antone else does this or could I have damaged something?

Years ago an excellent mechanic that I knew swore by that stuff. He would add it to mix gas and mower gas to keep fresh and keep varnish down. I dont think you hurt anything.:)

I can't see how you could have damaged anything. You used Seafoam just as it is meant to be used. For those carbs and fuel systems in general that are not too gummed up, Seafoam is great at cleaning up.

Sea Foam and Marvels Mystery Oil are about the only thing you would want the be ever caught with near aircraft, the rest is a gimmick of some kind.

But there used for maintenance, not to cure hard problems, try some, don't change the oil-mix ratio.

If there is still something wrong, fix that, and then go back to a cap-full a gallon or so.

ohhh yes

I love seafoam. Excellent product. I swear by it. Even keeps your oxygen sensors working longer and more efficiently I've been told...

:clap:

SeaFoam has a permanent spot on my work bench. I have the pour & spray cans.

Use it for just about everything......Fog outboards, stabilize fuel, penetrating oil, quick wipe down on guns, a shot in the morning coffee and on and on and on.

Liquid gold, I tell ya! :)

Sea Foam and Marvels Mystery Oil are about the only thing you would want the be ever caught with near aircraft, the rest is a gimmick of some kind.

But there used for maintenance, not to cure hard problems, try some, don't change the oil-mix ratio.

If there is still something wrong, fix that, and then go back to a cap-full a gallon or so.

In all new small engines that come past me. I squirt alittle Marvels Mystery Oil in the top end. Turn it over a few times and go at it. Also when I do a oil change in my truck, I run 5 oz before dump my oil. The crank case is nice and clean....

In all new small engines that come past me. I squirt alittle Marvels Mystery Oil in the top end. Turn it over a few times and go at it. Also when I do a oil change in my truck, I run 5 oz before dump my oil. The crank case is nice and clean....

This one is provable:

(proving it works best with easy access to an up-right filter that can be removed and replaced without spilling any)

Take out the oil filter, weight it, spin it back in.

Dump in a Qt of transmission FLD and run the engine at a good hi idle for a half hour/45 minnutes , NO LOAD.

Take the filter back out and re-weight it, the older an engine is, the more the filter will pick up with a flush like that. (the filter will weight more the more dirt that is in it, dirt is heaver then oil)

Good trick if your going to do a shade-tree overhaul, and don't know what you might be reusing.

Back