fungus help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth9669

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hey guys first time looking for tree care help. The tree in question is a weeping cherry. about 15 years old and big. when pruning it this year there was a large limb with a fungus on it. The fungus was at a rip from winter damage and the up the limb. Below the limb shows no signs of rot or fungus.i removed the limb in question. here is a pic a piece of the limb and wondering if i leave it alone or is there anything else i can do for the tree to keep it healthy. thank you for your time.
AsIphone329.jpg

Could well be a Trametes sp fungi, so long as your pruning of the branch was outside of the branch protection zone and adhered to the principles of natural target pruning there really is not much more you could do with respect to this branch,

The general health and vigor of the tree is what imo you should focus on...ensure the soil and root conditions are optimal for the species and the tree should take care of everything else.

Back