ms441 with a .404 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwards

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can I put a .404 chain on a ms441. If so what would be the numbers for a 24" bar. I was thinking go by my chain links but if the .404 links are bigger would there be less links and if that is so do I have to change my sprocket to one like on the ms880 since it can use a .404 chain. I do know the bigger chain will cut slower but my saw is like my Cummins gotta have the biggest tires that will fit it. LOL:cheers:

one of my 044s had 404 sprocket on it so im asumeing this happens from time to time

I can think of more than a few reasons just to run 3/8 on it...

:agree2:

Most folks want a faster cutting saw, and cheaper chains that are more available, and a saw that runs cooler.

OOH!! Something shiney!! Gotta go!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Go with the 3/8 pitch chain. If you want fewer chisels to sharpen then get skip tooth chain.

Maybe he just like bigger chips??

Why would you run 404 on saws smaller than 084,880 or the big husky.

I don't even run 404 on the 084.

You can, your just a rim sprocket and bar away from your dream.

Sam

Just like your truck, bigger tires means less power in the overall outcome. Factory knows what size tires or chains to run. Stick with the 3/8 not only will it be faster it will be lighter.

sure you can...but the difference is your cummins is like an MS880 and will pull it no sweat. whereas your 441 is more like 1/2 ton -V6 .. sure it'll pull it, but it won't like it.

Can I put a .404 chain on a ms441. If so what would be the numbers for a 24" bar. I was thinking go by my chain links but if the .404 links are bigger would there be less links and if that is so do I have to change my sprocket to one like on the ms880 since it can use a .404 chain. I do know the bigger chain will cut slower but my saw is like my Cummins gotta have the biggest tires that will fit it. LOL:cheers:

A .404 sprocket and bar is all it should need or a .404 spocket and tip and you should be on your way.

God there are some phucking retards infiltrating this site....I'm not the smartest guy in the world or AS, but these new people the last year or six months are begging for mercey.

I have read more stupid **** here lately, what happend???? I like all the good informative stuff that all the saw builders, arborists, and loggers share. These types of threads makes a guy not even want to be on this site.

God there are some phucking retards infiltrating this site....I'm not the smartest guy in the world or AS, but these new people the last year or six months are begging for mercey.

I have read more stupid **** here lately, what happend???? I like all the good informative stuff that all the saw builders, arborists, and loggers share. These types of threads makes a guy not even want to be on this site.

LOL. Tell us how you really feel:cheers:

In case we needed another truck and tire analogy, LOL.

Its like big tractor tires on a 1/2 truck.

....... in case he needed another visual.

Sam

Back