009 chain oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time looking at the unique oiler of the 009-011 saws

A 009 that ran on bio-bar oil and the residue congealed on the outside and froze up the the chain/bar chain brake and clutch after sitting. Would not turn the chain and the sprocket bearing dragging.

I've learned my lesson on letting bio-oil sit.

I got that all cleaned up and free but the chain was still a little kinky so replaced that. The residual oil in the tank was still liquid , no chunks or gruel , and rinsed out with some clean gas.

So put together and ran it a bit, just a warm up, and no oil from the outlet yet. Not sure if it just needs to run a bit more to get the pump/filter primed, or I need to explore the insides. The case vent hole seems to be open, oil outlet from case seems clear too.

Anyway..........before I pull the pump, if needed, are parts still available? That is the gaskets (1120 649 1101, 1120 649 1105) diaphragm/plunger (1120 640 3100) and filter (1120 640 1300).

There is also an internal connecting hose but that is not listed on my IPL. Can these be installed/replaced with some hemostats?

Shop manual mentions that plunger can get stuck, and can be cleaned and freed up.

Am I missing anything or any suggestions?

Hoping to have this running to prune orchards ASAP.

Thanks!!!

It is the Dist. pricelist for my region. In other countries, I don't know if the availability applies, I know the prices vary betwwen distributors, and definitely between countries.

Hmmmmm............local stihl dealer quoted $24 for above parts.

The price list total comes to ~ $12.50. (<$13.50 if our sales tax added)

Also said oil pump assy not listed, but price list has 1120 640 1301, an oil pump for $42.49

At least I can still get the parts, if needed.

Latest posts

Back