012 Stihl Chainsaw - HELP with value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Farmer buddy has an 012 that is LIGHTLY used, comes with case (old style before the old style case) and he wants $125. I can't get pics but its in good shape. Its probably been run no more than 3 hours a year for as long as he's owned it (since new) Am I in for a good deal? bad deal? alright deal? I don't mind working on one if the fuel lines are bad ect. but this one fired right up.

If it's a complete runner in good condition that doesn't need any work my personal opinion would be that it's a fair deal. Not the most sought-after model you'll find out there, but for a nice little one-owner (that you know personally) that comes with a case you can't go wrong with $125 if you're planning to keep it.

Enjoy!

Yep, just a mediocre/fair deal, try and offer him $100. Its an old homeowner model. Not too many parts are available from the dealer anymore...

Here and I was Leary about paying the $30 for an 012 yesterday. Used on one storm clearing, doesn't even have a wear in mark on the clutch. Chain jumped off and he packed it away many years ago. Came with a case. I put in some stihl premix gas and 17 pulls later she's a running. The high setting seems low, but it holds rpm. Too bad simple green washed the 2.8 off the label but it cleaned good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 12
Farmer buddy has an 012 that is LIGHTLY used, comes with case (old style before the old style case) and he wants $125. I can't get pics but its in good shape. Its probably been run no more than 3 hours a year for as long as he's owned it (since new) Am I in for a good deal? bad deal? alright deal? I don't mind working on one if the fuel lines are bad ect. but this one fired right up.

Dig a hole and bury it!

We use 010 and 011's quite a bit. Work well, not a bad little saw. I have more than $125 in mine, and am still happy. Don't have a 012 so if you don't want it let me know.

Back