026 Baffle in the air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo_supremo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 026 has a baffle inside the air filter that looks to be quite restrictive. It comes out of the air filter easily. Has anyone removed thiers, did it make a difference? Any drawbacks to removing it?

Last edited:
Are you talking about the choke? There's no choke in the carb on an 026, it's in the filter and is activated by the lever if everything is put together right.

Yup.. it's too restrictive... I have one I'll trade you for yours. :)

On mine the choke doesn't seal properly and requires a few more pulls to start.

No, I'm not talking about the choke. It is a plastic baffle that sits inside the outer half of the filter behind the choke flapper.

Yup, ya'll have different versions of the 026 filters.

I don't see where it would hurt anything taking it out but I doubt any power will be gained. If you do remove it just be sure it doesn't serve as the choke shaft's support or a structural brace for the air filter to seal against the carb housing.

Yes, it is part number 8. It looks like with the baffle in it has to draw most of the air from the "front" side of the filter (the side towards the engine). With it out, it should get equal amounts of air from the front and back of the filter.

My 026`s don`t have that baffle in the airfilter so you could take it out and try it that way, if it works good with no problems after cutting with it for a tank or two then just leave it out. I don`t think the 026 has enough suction to collapse the airfilter housing upon itself.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back