026 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlmill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my very first chainsaw I ever had. It's an 026 with metal top handle and red trigger. Anyway, upon tear down I noticed a hole in my impulse line so I'm assuming that's why it burned up 15 years ago but just in case it's not I got a new piston, rings, crank seals, intake boot, fuel and pulse lines, crankcase gasket, base gasket, air filter exhaust gasket, carb kit, fuel filter.... pretty much everything I can replace. My carb is a Walbro 22 I think. Those are the only numbers I see on it. I see a lot of guys saying wt-194 are the carbs to use. I'm cleaning everything spotlessly while it's apart and is going to look brand new. I bought a parts saw off eBay because I have 5 026s and that has the same carb. Should I just buy a 194 and not waste my time with the 22? I also just bought a German 026 bottom end and plan on building an 026 pro out of that. I have a top end sitting here for it already and that didn't come with a carb so if the 22 isn't worth the time it money I'll have to get 2 194s. Thanks for the help.

WT 22 were equipped on some early 026 and the 024. Venturi is a tad smaller. I run one on a rebuilt 260. Fresh piston and rings. Rips. I have a couple other 026/260's running 194's. Really can't tell the difference. Saws are stock except for muffler work and a bit of advance. They aren't starving for fuel regardless of carb.

AM 194's can be had for cheap (<$10) if you go that route and aren't too picky about keeping OEM. Folks have had luck with them.

I put an after marker carb on my 026. It had a bad needle valve in it. Always leaked. Put old one from stock carb ib it and all good.
My original carb was none adjustable and i wanted to muff mod and timing advance it.
It really rips now.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Back