• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 026 cylinder - FOUND

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good used 026 cylinder for an 024 super rebuild. Let me know what you got and the price. Don't want to spend a ton of money, the 024S cylinder is in decent shape. It still needs a piston so I thought I'd see what's out there to convert it.

Thanks,

Evan

You'll have to change the cylinder and air filter cover, tank, air filter and a few other small things. The 026 has fins on top of the cylinder that a 024 does not is why on the covers. The 026 air filter cover only fits a 026 tank... It's a compounding problem that cost to much $$$. Just get a slug for the 024S cylinder and be done.

You'll have to change the cylinder and air filter cover, tank, air filter and a few other small things. The 026 has fins on top of the cylinder that a 024 does not is why on the covers. The 026 air filter cover only fits a 026 tank... It's a compounding problem that cost to much $$$. Just get a slug for the 024S cylinder and be done.

Why would I have to change the filter cover? All I've read on this is you have to shave the fins from the 026 top end - then the 024 cylinder cover will fit.

I'm nervous to get an aftermarket piston for this saw. A Meteor is not available for an 024, what is the next best option?

Anything made in Greece or Italy.
Epsian or Kolben
I have used Chinese pistons with pretty good luck in some AM cylinder kits. I always replace rings with Cabers.

Back