026 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedge hog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Received a 026 that had been sitting for several years.
Tore it down and it all looks good but the base gasket was destroyed

Was going to delete it but the squish was .10
18237e53fe1cd864dda4949def70b72a.jpg
defdf01e87039bfc23f74736cec3638d.jpg

Can I use any kind of paper for gasket to get my .10 gain for a .20 squish ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will get a gasket but I would like it to be about .10 thick .

What I have read is .20 squish is the tightest you can go.

Use actual gasket material or brass shim stock for a gasket. Paper degrades quickly when used for cylinder gaskets especially in saws used continuously. Many have claimed they made gaskets from hard cardstock and coated it with a sealer but those saws seen limited usage. Fuel has a way of soaking the cellulose fiber and breaking done of the fibers.

Roof flashing is about .010.

If you use good oil and you are checking the correct way (using the thinnest solder possible and checking in all 4 corners) you can go as tight as 15. You need a non ashing synthetic oil like Motul 800 or Amsoil Saber. Not Stihl oil.

Roof flashing is cheap, easy to cut, and you can punch the bolt holes with a paper punch. Apply a good quality gas resistant sealant to both sides of the flashing.

You can also buy .010 gasket paper on eBay. I've got a roll of it.

Just found the roof flashing last night was .010 and going to make a gasket out of it today and mic it again
All brass shim stock is to narrow to use

Then I need to do a muffler mod
98a0141b9439776d1dcad95cc44a2696.jpg
7a645c3d47e61e24a4cab80634f2ea23.jpg
c7f207917ac58a58ffb4f76e60d9308e.jpg

Any good ideas, never did one that was this open or old.

Another mod for that muffler is to slip a 5/16' slot blade screwdriver in under the opening between the grille and muffler body, rotate the screwdriver to lift the grille and make the exit hole wider. The exhaust gas has to make a near 90 degree turn as it exits the muffler body and making the exit path a little wider sure helps.

And I did the screwdriver to help push out in front instead of hitting the bar with exhaust
Thanks for the tip

Should have it fired up in a hour or so[emoji4]

Sure hope this won't wont out do my 261-cm with muffler mode
My get upset
And pissed if it out runs my 441-cm [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Latest posts

Back