026 Pro problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac B.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 026 pro that I am working on for a buddy that was running fine. He run out of gas and filled up and said the saw starting acting like it is now. It cranks and idles fine but as soon as you give it throttle it acts like it is hitting a rev limiter and will not rev up. Like I said it will sit and idle all day. I changed the plug and tried readjusting the carb with no luck and with the air filter off you can feel fuel coming back on my hand out of the carb when you give full trottle. It seems really rich so I am wondering if it is the coil?? Do these go all the way out or just under a load? I also dumped the fuel out and added some of mine with no change.

Mac

The comression is fine. I will get some carb cleaner and clean the carb again. I even changed the decompression valve with no change.

Mac

Good thing new and used parts are so plentifull and availible for the 026/260.Try to find a good used coil thats right for one of my Husky 44's:hmm3grin2orange:

If it were a air leak wouldn't it not run good at idle?? It cranks and idles fine it just will not rev up.
I am leaning toward the coil too, I just did not know if it would partialy go out.

Mac

Thanks tree monkey it was the coil. I put the one off my 440 on and it runs like a new saw.

Mac

Back