026 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutterb

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a decent after market replacement for a piston and jug for a stihl 026 that was straight gassed. does any body have any input on this. also where would be the best place to get it.

Just trying to save him some money.
I was trying to divert his attention so that I could buy that cylinder for myself! I think you are right, a good used OEM cylinder and a good quality aftermarket piston kit is a good way to go.

Is there anyone that has a used piston or jug? I am exploring all options. I would consider paying for a ported jug and piston if someone has one available. I am wary of the rebuild kits that you find on fleabay. and I am not ready to pay top dollar for for a new oem setup.

Is there anyone that has a used piston or jug? I am exploring all options. I would consider paying for a ported jug and piston if someone has one available. I am wary of the rebuild kits that you find on fleabay. and I am not ready to pay top dollar for for a new oem setup.

Did you check on the link in post 2? That cylinder, this piston and rings would get you going for about $100.
http://www.weedeaterman.com/product_p/wemmpc1668.htm

Latest posts

Back