026 spitting gas out of carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a bit short to me but I haven't got an 026 so best let somebody who has answer.

Does the filter rest on the bottom of the tank ok when the saw is the right way up - if yes then I guess it's ok.

Just the bottom of the filter which means it would suck air when the tank was down to about 5/8"

I think it should be lying on it's side but I'm not sure.

Just the bottom of the filter which means it would suck air when the tank was down to about 5/8"

I think it should be lying on it's side but I'm not sure.

Yes I think it should be lying on it's side too.

You can put the carb in a glass of water when you pressure test it to try and see where it's leaking from. If the bubbles come out of the Venturi it's most likely the needle valve, if they come out the impulse channel it's probably the pump diaphragm and if they come from the hole in the metering side lid it's the metering diaphragm.

Wherever it is a carb kit should fix it.

Goog luck

The metering lever is dead flush with the ridges around it.

Another question. The fuel line looks complete and like a Stihl line but it's short. I can can only get the base of the fuel filter about 1/2 inch from the tank filler hole. Does that seem right? If it does, that filter is going to be tough to change.

The 026's have 2 different fuel lines. One is a form fitted line for the later models, the other is a straight line (that actually does not go to the bottom corner of the tank - this factor has been discussed in several threads).

I've been told you can fit the formed fitted line in your tank assembly. It is longer and better, but not sure if you have to ream the grommet hole in the tank where it enters. (Some guys are clipping the straight line above and below the grommet fitting where the old line sits in the tank and inserting a smaller "weedeater" type gas line so it will lay in the bottom of the tank. They jerry rig the filter so that it will still work. I've worked on quite a few like that, and always refit it with the OEM line).

Here are the part numbers for the respective lines according to my IPL:
Form fitted line= 1121 358 770
Straight line= 1121 358 7705

This way the OP can make his own choice about which way he wants to go!
Happy Sawing!
~Tommy~

Thanks Tommy. I have the old style straight line. It's in good shape so I will stick with it for a while. It's going to be a pain changing the filter I suspect. I am going to have to make a tool so It can hold the line up and pull the old filter out with pliers and insert the new one.
German engineering didn't score any points on this one. I might try the siamese line when I change it out. I think the long one is about $3 cheaper. Go figure.

Back