026pro value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been looking for an 026 or a 260 and I've located a 026 pro but I'm unable to get absolutely any description, just pics. Looks good but it may be locked up or a runner. I don't need another saw but I have been watching for an 026/260 at a good price to add to my collection and to scratch that itch. What's the most I should pay?

I picked up the 026 pro and got around to checking it out and cleaning it up today. I couldn't be happier, it is in great condition and cleaned up nicely. It came with a case and the original bill of sale, owners manual and a letter from Stihl thanking him for the purchase, along with 2 sales brochures from the time of purchase. I didn't check the compression but it is very hard to pull without the decomp valve pushed in. I drained the fuel, it looked and smelled fresh but I put known good fuel in it and it started fairly easily and ran great. The Stihl brand chain looks like about 90-95% and was sharp. I did a test cut and it did better than I hoped for. I couldn't be happier with my find and although I wouldn't be able to flip it and double my $ I did get it well below market value.

Latest posts

Back