Looking to add a pro ~70 cc saw to the fold so that my son and I can both run saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it finally happened. I was able to purchase the 3 saws from my arborist friend. The saws are an MS 660 Magnum, an MS 260 and an MS 200T. The saws all run. The 660 has a 32" bar on it and he had an extra chain. He sold me the 200T for $400, the 260 for $200 and the 660 for $815. Total was $1,415. I though that that was a very good price for these saws. The 660 has had use but not a lot. See the pics I took this evening. I will try to get some more in the daylight. The 462 is in the distant background.

I asked him what the mix was he used and he said all premium gas with either the Stihl orange bottle for the premix or Husqvarna oil. He typically used a 40:1 mixture. I can't wait to try them out and see how they run. The 260 looks to be the oldest. It was the saw his groundsman ran on a regular basis.

View attachment 1164910View attachment 1164911View attachment 1164912View attachment 1164913View attachment 1164914View attachment 1164915View attachment 1164916View attachment 1164917View attachment 1164918View attachment 1164919
Wow, a steal! Nice haul!

Do more research on ripsaw…just say’n…
At present, all the reputable builders are at least 6mos out.
Do you have other suggestions? I learnd about this company https://worksaws.com/ today. I do not know the guy's reputation but what I saw about him looks good. I have tried contacting others l

Rip Saw is a pretty big operation. Can you direct me where I can find out more info about them?

Thanks
Rob

Do you have other suggestions? I learnd about this company https://worksaws.com/ today. I do not know the guy's reputation but what I saw about him looks good. I have tried contacting others l

Rip Saw is a pretty big operation. Can you direct me where I can find out more info about them?

Thanks
Rob
There are more builders on the other forum…

As you know I bought the 462 non-Mtronic. I have watched a couple of videos where they drill out the stops in the carburetor for the jets. I have not used it yet and I am going to have the saw modified. I am looking at different companies that do it. It looks like Rip Saw is pretty impressive with the amount of saws they do but they have a 6 to 8 month wait time. The owners are liking it I am sure and it sounds like they put out a pretty good product and service. I have tried contacting some others but they do not reply. Rip Saw mods the carburetor on it as well as part of the service.

I like the 462 because you can still get it with a standard carburetor. I am a bit concerned about the fuel injection and computer on board the 500i. However I must say where ever I go or read something on the 500i it is always good but even better if it is modified with porting and doing the squish for shaving off the base of the cylinder and timing. It sounds like it can compete with the unmodified 90 cc class saws.

I think that I will be quite happy with the 462 and even more happy if I get it modified.
The 500i computer and injection system have been proven for years in concrete saws before they were used in chainsaws. Much worse conditions then any chainsaw will ever see. Really a non issue.
Most good port guys have a long wait list. Get on one if you're serious about getting work done. I've run a few different ported saws from some of the forum members here and the other site. Pretty impressive. I'd reccomend @huskihl but I'm sure he's 6 months out. Been contemplating sending him my 390xp recently.

As you know I bought the 462 non-Mtronic. I have watched a couple of videos where they drill out the stops in the carburetor for the jets. I have not used it yet and I am going to have the saw modified. I am looking at different companies that do it. It looks like Rip Saw is pretty impressive with the amount of saws they do but they have a 6 to 8 month wait time. The owners are liking it I am sure and it sounds like they put out a pretty good product and service. I have tried contacting some others but they do not reply. Rip Saw mods the carburetor on it as well as part of the service.

I like the 462 because you can still get it with a standard carburetor. I am a bit concerned about the fuel injection and computer on board the 500i. However I must say where ever I go or read something on the 500i it is always good but even better if it is modified with porting and doing the squish for shaving off the base of the cylinder and timing. It sounds like it can compete with the unmodified 90 cc class saws.

I think that I will be quite happy with the 462 and even more happy if I get it modified.
Stay away from Ripsaw. Much better at marketing than porting. “They”, are a conglomerate that uses (or used) outside sources and tacked on 30% for themselves. Lots of their saws were sent back for not running better than stock. And a few have been sent to other popular saw porters for the same reason. Most saws only gain 25-35%, but I’ve seen a few Ripsaws get re-worked over by someone else and gain another 20%. So basically you’re paying twice as much for a port job that gains 10-15%.

If you’re trying to contact someone and they aren’t responding, you’re likely not getting ahold of the right guy

Thanks
Rob
Worksaws.com is Joe. @Red97. Otherwise known as Dyno Joe.

Good friend. Honest as the day is long. And I don’t believe his waitlist is quite as long as most

Latest posts

Back