Clone saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Woodward

Reaction score
I needed to replace or rebuild four old Stihl saws 066, 039, 044, and 661c-m. The parts alone are more than a brand new clone saw. My son just picked up a neotec 892 32 inch bar just for firewood cutting. After checking it out n using it to take down a big ash tree. I was a little impressed, I have been looking into getting a few because they are pretty much just like the 1980's Stihl saws. Has anybody used these saws in a professional way like 50 hour work week, I use Stihl bars and chains so just as powerhead only

Since you have old parts saws I'd get one, if you need anything chances are you have it.
I have a neotec 892 with a 24 inch bar. I dont use it too much tho.
I had to replace the decomp with an oem one, mod the oiler to pump more oil and get a new bar oil cap, other than that it runs great with tons of power and easy starting. You will have all those parts on your old saws.

Check out afleetcommand on youtube, he works the guts out of clone saws and tells it like it is.

Latest posts

Back