028 av super vs 028 wb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sourced different places. Used on fleebay, Little Red Barn on line. Discount Parts. Chainsaw Conservation Components on the bay. Some parts are NLA. Mufflers, brake bands and misc. I had a Super w broken brake band, saw one on bay 12 bucks. Snapped on that.
Just saw brake for WB $49 plus ship...crazy.

Make your list of parts and pns check dlrs and used and on the forums. Don't try to get all at once. Sometimes parts fall in your lap.. I don't buy Chinese parts when at all possible.
Be careful not to put to much $$ into a $125 to $175 saw.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Bless you, this was valuable information for every 028 WB owner.

Take a look at the brake band for a 55 husqvarna it is a lot like the band for the early 028. a little work with a propane torch and you got it.
Bless you for sharing that information.

Any advice and part numbers to change over to electronic ignition?
Any good videos for how to do this on the 028WB?
Thank you.

Actually, the weight is high for the time and size (cc and hp) - only Stihl fans fail to notise that....
We don’t fail to remember the weight, it’s just that the weight is of less importance after a saw of 40 years old is still running and out performing the other manufacturers. You go by almost any other saw and you’ll likely replace it in 3 or 4 years of hard cutting. Never would you get the life these saws have given. I do like other saws Shindiawa, is one I really like also the one that makita merged with name slips my mind, but the older saws were great saws too. There are other brands that in the day were good ole saws but the same brand today is crap homesite, etc.

Latest posts

Back