028 Parts Compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomac11

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I broke the rear-handle assembly on my dad's 028 AV the other day, and I'm looking to replace it. New parts are out of the question, local dealer quoted me at $180 just for the parts (plan on fixing it myself), so I have started scouring ebay. My question is, for this particular part, do I need one from an 028 AV, or will something from a regular 028, 028 super, 028 woodboss, etc. work?

I have been looking around and noticed you guys seem to know a lot about the history of saws, any idea when this 028 AV was made? My dad swears up and down that it isnt that old, but mom says that he bought it in 1978. Thanks for the help...

Thanks, I just snapped one up on ebay that had the whole throttle assembly already on it. I figured it would be much easier than trying to put it together myself. Got it for 58 bucks, a little better than the dealer quote of $180, not put together of course. As for the age of the saw, anyone have any ideas?

After a bunch of searching on here I found those documents. I think it is the 2nd series of the AV because it has electronic ignition, but I'm not sure.

Rear handle...

...assembly swap out is pretty straight forward. Not a big deal, done several myself over the years. Plus it's a good opertunity to get to know your saw a little better.:greenchainsaw:

I need a muffler for a 028 WB, will another muffler fit this saw from a different model?

...assembly swap out is pretty straight forward. Not a big deal, done several myself over the years. Plus it's a good opertunity to get to know your saw a little better.:greenchainsaw:

I have had it apart once to replace the intake tube or whatever its called(goes from the carb to the cylinder), so I dont anticipate it being too big of a deal. The mount up in the top was stripped out causing the saw to flex too much and the hose to break, so I needed to replace the tank section anyways. Now that its broken, I've really got to get it going...

Back