028 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylel79

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the difference is between a 028 farm boss and a 028 super? Is there much of one or can i swap parts between the two? i have a chance to purchase a 028 super for cheap, and i already have the farm boss model. thanks for your time everyone

Im not fur shur, one of the elders will correct me if im wrong, but I think only diff is when it was made, Sthil likes to re-invent names and numbers on saws, I have 2 O26'S, about 4 years apart, the top handle takes a different screw to hold it on! so the parts maybe, maybe not, lay your saw next to that one and see!

Im not sure on the 028 but on most the other 0-- models that they added the super on, the saw was actually the same as the following ms model number. Example 029 super = ms290 same saw. 028super same as ms280 maybe ??? not really sure check stats on the two. Chainsaw forum would prolly have been a good place to ask.

thanks alot for your time on this i will put them next to each other and see if i can tell a difference or not in them.

Back