028 Wiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondackstihl

Flyz, Fuel & Fotos
Reaction score
Can someone post some pics of the proper routing for the ground and short circuit wiring on an 028 for me please?
The shop manual I have is an older scan of the vintage SM and not much help.
Actual pictures would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremy

8a50dc10aa3460a824664ed629c44754.jpg
60e01dd5307930898c477c2f514eadf9.jpg
72056d863fb95fe8cdf71172d2759ab4.jpg

Brian

The pics I posted are of a points saw converted to a non-points saw.

Brian

Hooray! Another Stihl 028 Wood Boss, soon to be up and running. These are great saws.

You guys just talked me into buying another one for $197. I was amazed at the price, considering that all it needed was some bare bones mechanical attention. I'm not greedy. One of my friends needs a good firewood saw and the holidays are around the corner. I can make it run like it was brand new.

Cheers!

Unfortunately I just discovered this one had a fried top end.
I'll be needing at minimum, a piston & ring set.
Through the exhaust port, it doesn't look too bad. I'm guessing I could clean the cylinder.

So......anyone have a used piston?

I like mine too. Just put a couple tanks through it last weekend.

Brian

Unfortunately I just discovered this one had a fried top end.
I'll be needing at minimum, a piston & ring set. Through the exhaust port, it doesn't look too bad. I'm guessing I could clean the cylinder.
So......anyone have a used piston?
Cylinder is probably still good. Try the honing route to save the cylinder and couple that with new rings and piston. Sorry to hear that. Likely it was straight gassed for a tank, but you have to post Pics for us to judge that.

Latest posts

Back