032 AV won't start. Good compression, looks like fuel all over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapstone Saw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got an 032 av from a guy who said he ran it dry the last time he ran it...don't know how long ago that was. Anyway, it has good compression when I pull the starter cord but just won't start. I pulled things apart and checked the fuel lines, they look fine. The thing is is when I got in where the air filter and carb is it had a bunch of oily feeling dirt...not sure if it was blowing fuel out or something. Anyway, the air filter felt oily and just had lots of build up from probably never being cleaned. I connected all the fuel lines and stuff back up. Pulled the boot off of the spark plug and when I did this the boot disconnected from the wire. I'm wondering if it could possibly be so simple as just the wire...if it is, how do I replace that and do I need to crimp it? Never done one before.

Thanks!

In the boot you will find a wire with a hoop on one end, and L-bed on the other. That L pierces the wire about
1/2 inch down and the hoop end attaches to the spark plug .

When you get the boot and wire fixed. Check spark. Not just that it has spark, make sure it'snot eratic , like consistent. If it has points cond. I have worked on 2 of those. One ran like crap. Spark was very eratic, not smoothe. Couldn't adjust it out. The other wouldn't hit a lic. I put in omega module. Both ran great after that. Good luck

Got the spark plug boot fixed. Still nothing. I pulled the spark plug out and and wondering if it should be somewhat damp or wet? When I pull the starter cord with the spark plug out I don't smell gas or anything...

Ya first thing is find out if you have spark, very common on those saws. To loose spark.

Carb kit will solve your problems. All the diaphragms stiffened up over time and need replaced.
Less than $15 fix.
I rarely see old saws like this that don't need a carb job.

is the spark plug wet or dry when you try to start it? As stated before, check spark and put carb kit in it. Did you pressure test lines? They may look alright and still have a hole in it. Fuel filter been changed? Then just go from there.

Pull the plug out , hook it back into boot, lay it on top cylinder, make sure that the metal part of spark plug is grounded to cyl. Or use your spark tester.

Latest posts

Back