034 AV Super or 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which to KEEP?

• Stihl 034 AV Super

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Husqvarna 562XP

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I have somebody wanting to buy one of my Pro saws, and I am debating on which to sell. The choices are my 034AV Super which I could probably get $350 for, or my rebuilt 562XP that I could probably get more from. I have a MS360 so the Super is basically a duplicate, and I have a second 562XP so I dont really need both of those either.

If you guys had to keep one, which would it be?

Both have the same size bar, new chains, and both run great.

As far as owning saws, I am not an autotune guy. When the boss is providing me with a 562xp...it is sure a nice saw.

Since you seem OK with the 562, I would sell the 034. That is getting to be one old saw.

As far as owning saws, I am not an autotune guy. When the boss is providing me with a 562xp...it is sure a nice saw.

Since you seem OK with the 562, I would sell the 034. That is getting to be one old saw.
That is why I am considering selling some of my saws. I dont think the 0 series saws will be going up in value and holding onto them will just be a mistake since they rarely get used compared to some of my other saws. Maybe I'm wrong. Are the 0 series going to go up or have they peaked?

I've thought about that too. The funniest part about this is that I rarely have to use the saws and still have more than any same person should have. I think my years of not ever having anything has turned me into a hoarder.

Yeah, but if you sell them both..... you can buy more..... different model mores.

I have a 362C and a 562XP which have electro-magic fuel controls and have had zero issues, but having a 60cc saw with an easy to repair fuel system is a sound idea.
I've grown to like spring AV systems, so I voted for you to keep the spare 562XP. Had the other saw been a MS361, I would have gone the other way.

I have a 034 S and man is it reliable powerful and easy to work, in my opinion it is a lot simpler a maintenance then newer versions

I like husqvarnas but votes to keep the 034S for a couple of reasons.

From the sounds of it you don't "need" either so it can be a decision made solely on emotional factors, hence:

You have another 562. Your collection will be more varied with the 034S in it.

0 series professional stihls are cooler than 5 series huskys and the Super/Magnum variants more so.

Down the line, if you regret your decision, a 562 will be easier to find than a 034S.

Just between the two listed I'd choose to sell the 034, because a 562 is an awesome saw. But there's no way I'd choose an 036 or 360 over and 034S. If your Super isn't out-cutting the 360 something is wrong with it.

Back