034 Super bogs while cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard C

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Greetings, Can't seem to get high revs while cutting. I'm using homelite 2cycle oil.
When I adjust the carb I can change the running but can't bring it in. I haven't checked the muffler or the carb yet. What's your thoughts? Thankyou Richard

I would start with the muffler, check to see if it's plugging up.

Thanks John, I do that when I get back to the 034. We have had to get some wood in, storm coming in a couple days. I brought out the Husky, I have a 455, got a 24" bar and blade from Bailey's never put it on. I put the new bar and blade on today. We're cutting rounds off a good size tree we dropped before going over seas. The first 4 rounds the 24" blade wouldn't meet cutting from both sides, but they will be getting smaller as we coutinue up the tree.
The rounds are wet so! We'll split them smaller and burn more of them, got to get the wood before the ants do. Thanks again.

Richard

This site seems a bit different?

Check the fuel line for splits or cracks -very common with these. I drain the tank, grab the line with my long reach hemostats and pull it and stretch it to see if any cracks open up, be sure to check it where it connects to the carb as well.

Thanks John, I do that when I get back to the 034. We have had to get some wood in, storm coming in a couple days. I brought out the Husky, I have a 455, got a 24" bar and blade from Bailey's never put it on. I put the new bar and blade on today. We're cutting rounds off a good size tree we dropped before going over seas. The first 4 rounds the 24" blade wouldn't meet cutting from both sides, but they will be getting smaller as we coutinue up the tree.
The rounds are wet so! We'll split them smaller and burn more of them, got to get the wood before the ants do. Thanks again.

Richard

This site seems a bit different?

AS went through a facelift about 6 months ago...

Latest posts

Back