034 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got given to me a 034 AV super. I don't know very much about this saw but it looks to be a good built saw. The saw is in very good shape, probably less thn 40 or so tanks of fuel ran through it. BUT it has 1 small problem the P/O got a little excited when he stuck the saw and ripped the mount/fuel tank front off!! So if anyone has a parts saw or fuel tank assembly they would like to sell let me know. I would really like to get some run time on this saw and add it to the line up if it is a good runner. And that way I can maybe not get beat up so bad about running all huskys!! Thanks, CJ

That seems like a bad idea. Just send it to me, and I'll save you alot of head swelling.

Lol@ RVALUE :msp_tongue:

As for the 034s - its a great saw. It was the precursor to the 036 & I believe was only in production for a very short while before they just called it an 036. I have both an 036 and 034s and they appear identical in every way except the name plate.

You will find it is best with a 16 - 20" bar & chain and it can *occasionally* handle a 24" bar or so. Its 62cc and is a very versatile solid saw.

IMHO you may find it easier to look for an 034s/036 that has a fried top end & use that as your base model & transfer over the good parts from this saw...its tough to say how bad the work is for what you've got now though, without pics. ;)

As for the 034s - its a great saw. It was the precursor to the 036 & I believe was only in production for a very short while before they just called it an 036. I have both an 036 and 034s and they appear identical in every way except the name plate.

You will find it is best with a 16 - 20" bar & chain and it can *occasionally* handle a 24" bar or so. Its 62cc and is a very versatile solid saw.

IMHO you may find it easier to look for an 034s/036 that has a fried top end & use that as your base model & transfer over the good parts from this saw...its tough to say how bad the work is for what you've got now though, without pics. ;)

Thank you, thats some of the info I have been looking for. Good to know the parts are interchangeable with the 036. It has a 16" on it and I will swap with a 18 and run it for a while and se if I like it. CJ

I recently aquired a 036. I also aquired a 034AV. I don't have any significant time on either, but I am thinking the 036 may become a favorite. The power is close to a 262 and it weighs nearly a pound less (and a half pound less than a 361). After seeing TW's thread about how well they port, I am going to hang on to this one.

Last edited:
Now that has my interest, if it runs like a 262 I'll be more than happy. I just need to find a tank. I have only found 1 parts saw and 1 tank that is for a 066, trying to figure out if it will fit but I highly doubt it. CJ

I recently aquired a 036. I also aquired a 034AV. I don't have any significant time on either, but I am thinking the 036 may become a favorite. The power is close to a 262 and it weighs nearly a pound less (and a half pound less than a 361). After seeing TW's thread about how well they port, I am going to hang on to this one.

About a year ago I had more 60cc saws than I could ever possibly need/want/use.

Today, I only have two left: the 036/034s. I found that they handle better - for me - than the 262s.

Like so much of these debates, once you start getting into the real creme de la creme, it comes down to personal preference & I do like this model a lot for what it can do.

Now that has my interest, if it runs like a 262 I'll be more than happy. I just need to find a tank. I have only found 1 parts saw and 1 tank that is for a 066, trying to figure out if it will fit but I highly doubt it. CJ

Dont have the info infront of me, but off the top of my head Id be shocked if they were even close. The 066 is a waaay bigger saw, so practically no parts on it would fit on the 034s.

Naw, it won't run quite as fast as a Husky 262, 034s/036's cut very well though, they just don't scream like a 262. Unfortunately, an 066 tank will not fit.

The 036 I tried seemed heavier and different as in more sluggish. Must have been an illusion. :) I have been told they are the same.

Dang good sized saw.

Like I have said, my original 034 Super has THOUSANDS of hours on it.

The 036 I tried seemed heavier and different as in more sluggish. Must have been an illusion. :) I have been told they are the same.

Dang good sized saw.

Like I have said, my original 034 Super has THOUSANDS of hours on it.

At one point I had only one of them working (the 036) and I was constantly swapping parts off them - near as i can tell they are identical & if im not mistaken the 034super was only in production for a short period & then they just started badging it 036.

And yes, I agree - a great saw (whichever badge it has on it). 034s/036 is still my favorite 60cc saw.

Latest posts

Back